cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat, Changing font size

Carl1
Listener

Chat, Changing font size, the instructions I read to increase "Control +" but it is not working. Any suggestions?

19 REPLIES 19

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

You can control the size of chat fonts in the client settings under the Accessibility tab. 

1. Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
  2. Click your profile picture, then click Settings.
  3. Click on the Accessibility tab. 
  4. Chat Display Size is what you want to adjust. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

All of a sudden my chat text size got huge. I can't find the accessibility tab when I go into settings.

I just found somewhere else that you can just do Control+ or Control- while in chat to change the size. It worked great!

Thank you, baseman. Using Control+ and Control- fixed this problem for me (on Windows).

Like everyone else on this thread, I didn't see an Accessibility tab/link/section under Settings (or elsewhere). 

I can't find accessibility!

I don't see accessibility either!

I can't find Accessibility either!!

No accessibility tab found in settings I'm afraid.

is there a way to make the chat size greater than 200%?

if not can I change the font of the chat? what would be the largest font available?

Carl1
Listener

Thank you for your response; however,

"Chat Display Size is what you want to adjust. " does NOT show up. Could be that I have Windows 11 so the instructions are different?

Bort

The Zoom desktop client should be essentially the same across different versions of Windows. Can you provide a screenshot of what you see instead? 

Dena3
Listener

I don't see the accessibility option, and pressing control and plus do not work. Thanks!

IgorF
Listener

Zoom Desktop. Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.  Zoom Desktop menu - "Accessibility".  As you can see the existed  options can't give the ability to change the text size for Chat window at all.

IgorF_0-1660550256825.png
Does exists any hided/secret tricks or keyboard combinations?
Thanks.

Jennifer142
Listener

I Just hosted a meeting and while in Chat, I hit "Control and the - (minus sign as I was at 180%) and VOILA!!! I was able to keep hitting the minus sign down to 100%. I hope this works for those like me who did not find the "Accessibility' link.

richardtwigg
Listener

It worked a treat - many thanks 

rbaron1
Listener

The thing that confused me is that I need to hit shift to get the + sign, but not to enlarge the font. So, it's actually "Ctrl =" to enlarge the font and "Ctrl -" to shrink it.

lzs
Listener

I want to make the default font size smaller. But the only smaller size is 80%, which is a tad too small. The font size of the rest of the UI text is just right. It's probably a 90%. Can we have that option?

fionaray
Listener

I'll give this a try.  My chat was huge in a meeting today so I couldn't read the messages coming through without cutting and pasting them into a doc - which was inconvenient to say the least.  I don't have an accessibility tab either.  I will try control -  tomorrow and hope it works!  

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Accessibility tab as  accessed through the desktop application.

accessibility tab.jpg

You can change the font size for closed captioning and chat.

• Closed Captioning: 
    • Font Size: Click and drag slider to make closed captions font size smaller or larger.
    • Caption color: Choose from five preset colors, or click the color wheel to set a specific color, which will be used when displaying manual or automated captions. 
    • Translation color: Choose from five preset colors, or click the color wheel to set a specific color, which will be used when displaying translated captions. 
  • Always show captions: Click to automatically show captions, when the host has captioning enabled. 
  • Chat Display Size: Adjust the font size for in-meeting chats and on Team Chat. 
  • Dim Screen Share Video: Select the check box to automatically dim video when flashing images or visual patterns are detected in a meeting or webinar.
  • Screen Reader Alerts: Enable or disable

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0060612 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!