cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Rooms iPad app does not open automatically after a iOS update.

lukasV
Listener

We have a few iPads that we use as Zoom Rooms scheduling displays and controllers. These are all managed in Zoom MDM. After an iOS update, they do not automatically open the Zoom Rooms app. This must always be done manually.

I can't find anything on the internet about this issue.
Does anyone else have the same problems?
Or have I simply forgotten to set a setting.

Thanks for your help 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ZoomZoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi, Lukas.

This is currently the expected behavior. Once the iOS update is completed, the admin needs to walk into the Zoom Room and interact with the iPad to reopen the Zoom Room Controller app.

I know we are working on improving it, but there is no ETA on it yet, as far as I know.

If this answer helps you, please hit the “Accept as Solution” button.
Thank you,

ZzZz

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ZoomZoom

Hi, Lukas.

This is currently the expected behavior. Once the iOS update is completed, the admin needs to walk into the Zoom Room and interact with the iPad to reopen the Zoom Room Controller app.

I know we are working on improving it, but there is no ETA on it yet, as far as I know.

If this answer helps you, please hit the “Accept as Solution” button.
Thank you,

ZzZz

I noticed the same issue with OS updates (hope this is resolved soon) . What is the expected behavior for app updates? When I tried to do an app update it closed the app, updated, but then instead of opening the app back up I got a 'Welcome to the App Store' screen. Should the app open back up automatically?

kenny-elevated
Listener

This still seems to be the normal behavior, unfortunately.

Is there any feature/bug request we can follow along with to see the progress toward making the Zoom Room app on iPads auto open after an update?