cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control cameras with Room Controls?

neve
Participant

Now that we have Scenes, is there any way to choose which camera to use, turn multi-stream on or off, and most importantly, set the cameras to presets?

At the very least, I'd like to be able to reset the cameras back to their defaults when a new meeting starts.

Ideally there could be different Scenes depending on meeting type, and these could be set up ahead of time via the calendar.

6 REPLIES 6

shaneatzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@neve Room Controls doesn't offer options to control the ZR itself today, only other peripherals.  That said, setting camera presets and the like would be possible to some extent.  

As for default presets, the cameras should be called to the home preset when they sleep and resume, but this may not happen on 100% of hardware.

Another option to consider is Zoom Room Controller Apps such as this one by Extron.  This would allow a very clean embed of whatever level of control complexity you require externally and also supports some hooks into the app's information with more offerings to follow in that space.  

Hopefully, that was helpful.  Please feel free to mark as the solution to your question if so!

Please be sure to mark 'accept as solution' if this answered your question and thanks for using Zoom!

Shane
Architect @ Zoom

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

@shaneatzoom any update on the ETA for Q-SYS UCI / Room Controls integration? This has been in a limited beta for a considerable amount of time.

shaneatzoom

@bstrelko I'm afraid we wouldn't be able to share roadmap information in the public forum.  I'd recommend pinging your Zoom of QSC account team directly.

Please be sure to mark 'accept as solution' if this answered your question and thanks for using Zoom!

Shane
Architect @ Zoom

My experience is with AVer cameras. They wake up and return to their last location instead of a default location. I think I can program them with AVer software to go to a default preset, but this is different from the Zoom positions.

In multiple camera rooms, it would be very nice to either have a single "scene" button which set up the cameras depending on the meeting type, or at least return the cameras to their default position. "Default position" is a thing in Zoom, and it even gets a little home icon, but the camera doesn't seem to ever go there on its own.

shaneatzoom

@neve I might chat with AVer about this directly as we'd definitely like to support the experience you're looking for.

Shane
Architect @ Zoom

Care to share your method/code?