cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when calling some numbers with zoom phone, they returned as not in service.

bayonneNJ
Listener

when calling some numbers with zoom phone, they returned as not in service. when calling with other phone, these numbers are  in fact  working numbers.   Anyone had the same issue?  how to address this? 

7 REPLIES 7

BrandonS
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

I have not had that issue, but almost certainly will need to provide details to Zoom support to get it resolved.  I would include the numbers you are calling from and to with a time and date stamp and they should be able to get it sorted.

Peter_Uy
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @bayonneNJ ,

Happy Monday!

I hope all is well with you!

What exact error message were you getting?

Were you hearing: "Sorry we cannot complete your call your service plan does not support calling to this destination"?

If so, sign in to your Zoom.us online account.  Please note you have to be the Zoom Account Owner or Admin to the account.

1.  Account Management
2. Billing
3. under Pay As You Go Plan, hit “View/Edit Countries/Regions”
4. Select all the countries you wanted to have outgoing capability (including US and Canada)

Please don't forget to hit the "like" button and "Accept as Solution" if the response provided answers your question.

Thank you and stay safe!

Peter

Zoom users call some numbers and received message saying “You are reaching the non-working number announcement 14 switch 22-5 announcement.”

However, when they use their own cell phone to dial the same number, it is working normally.

sachinzoom

Hello @bayonneNJ @basslady 

Welcome to Zoom Community.

On the carrier side, there may be a spam block, or the underlying carrier needs to be removed from routing to that destination. This error message is a Verizon Wireless error.  

To resolve these issues, Please open a Zoom support ticket and the Support will work to resolve this with the underlying carrier.

Also, Please submit these numbers where you are trying to call on free registry. https://www.freecallerregistry.com/fcr/.   Enter the number details at Free Caller Registry if possible. This way you can potentially remove SPAM flag for the number.

Hope that helps. If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

basslady
Listener

My business has a zoom phone, and for the past couple weeks when people call into it, about 30% of the time it gives a message that the number is out of service. Of course most people give up at that point. If we test it ourselves, sometimes the calls ring through, sometimes we get the out of service message. We contacted zoom support last week but have not heard from them. This is unacceptable, we need this phone to operate our business.

Thank you for the reply, Sachinzoom. I think my problem is a little different. We don't call out very often on the zoom phone, but our customers call into it and the call gets routed to an answering service. Roughly 30% of the time when people call in, they get a message that the phone number is out of service. If they try again, they may get through. We've tried making multiple calls in a row, sometimes the call rings through, sometimes it doesn't. 

sachinzoom

Hi @basslady 

Same resolutions I suggested above. Please open a support ticket so we can work with our underlying carriers to sort out these numbers. Please submit all your numbers too.

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.