Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Phone Outbound Routing

AshrafElyas
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Dears

Any one who can explain the dial plan for outbound routing from Zoom, as I notice in case of BYOC you can configure BYOC number you can define external contact (and both only accepting E164 format) you can not configure extension or wild card and choose to be routed to outside using SBC, so how the outbound will work if I am integrating my existing PBX with the Zoom using SBC how I can configure a wild card to make a simple dial pattern that can be matched from Zoom to route calls to all extensions in PBX ???

hope my idea is clear, and hope and get and answers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @AshrafElyas 

For this please open a support ticket to enable "Bring your own PBX" or BYOP flags for your account. Once enabled, You can setup Routing Rules which are regex based to send calls over to your PBX. 

I explained more in this post:

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Phone-System/KB-for-Routing-Rules-and-Number-pattern/m-p/98925#M4836

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

sachinzoom

Hello @AshrafElyas 

For this please open a support ticket to enable "Bring your own PBX" or BYOP flags for your account. Once enabled, You can setup Routing Rules which are regex based to send calls over to your PBX. 

I explained more in this post:

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Phone-System/KB-for-Routing-Rules-and-Number-pattern/m-p/98925#M4836

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

AshrafElyas
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Dear @sachinzoom 

thanks for your response..

yes got it , however still the translated patterns has to be in E164 format, where I have to translate again in the SBC as I am dialing extension to extension (from zoom to my pbx) 

it works fine but need to be more flexible to accept any translation

one more thing, do you have more examples for translations as what I have seen is very simple , is there is any complex expressions can be used ?! 

sachinzoom

Hi @AshrafElyas 

Glad to hear. 

Here are some examples: ( I mentioned the regex link in my other post which should be helpful but its very straight forward to implement )

Local - Strip E164 - Add 8

(\d{8})$

8$1

Long Distance

^0(\d{11})$

80$1