cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS email notifications

Merav181
Listener

Some team members would like to receive email notifications when an SMS comes in.

Is this possible? If yes - how can we set that up? If no - what alternative is there? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Matt-LACA
Listener

I get a popup in the lower right corner like other Team IMs which I notice right away... That works like a charm for me. Do you have that setting turned on, or do you find that not adequate for your needs?

MattLACA_1-1683819048388.png

You also have the on screen alerts in your interface... 

MattLACA_2-1683819222885.png

That's just like the Voicemail alert I'd have...

MattLACA_3-1683819456692.png

View solution in original post

Matt-LACA
Listener

All of these settings might help you... Especially the bottom one as it assures your on screen alert notifications remains in place until you dismiss it. So, if you get a text while out at lunch it will still be on the screen with your alert when you get back to your desk...

MattLACA_0-1683820607463.png

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi merav181,

you may need to use Zoom Phone Power Pack license add-on for each team members to receive email notifications when sms text comes in to a call queue or autoreceptionist.  please see support article

Using SMS with call queues or auto receptionists – Zoom Support

other sms support articles

Setting up SMS – Zoom Support

Using SMS – Zoom Support

Using SMS message and conversation options – Zoom Support

Frequently asked questions about SMS – Zoom Support

thanks,  eliot

All of these settings might help you... Especially the bottom one as it assures your on screen alert notifications remains in place until you dismiss it. So, if you get a text while out at lunch it will still be on the screen with your alert when you get back to your desk...

MattLACA_4-1683820445403.png

I don't want to be notified for ALL Messages.  I don't really consider that an option.
I just want to be notified for SMS.

Play around with the settings and see if you can get the behavior your looking for. You can text yourself for testing purposes.

JO-CPA
Listener

We are also looking for SMS notifications to email.  But just for Standard users.  A lot of our staff are used to Google Voice where that is a standard feature.

SpaceMan365
Listener

Seems surprising that this isn’t standard. I had this with my lines on RingCentral

Matt-LACA
Listener

I get a popup in the lower right corner like other Team IMs which I notice right away... That works like a charm for me. Do you have that setting turned on, or do you find that not adequate for your needs?

MattLACA_1-1683819048388.png

You also have the on screen alerts in your interface... 

MattLACA_2-1683819222885.png

That's just like the Voicemail alert I'd have...

MattLACA_3-1683819456692.png

Matt-LACA
Listener

MattLACA_0-1683820607463.png

danisonbench
Listener

+1 to this post. You would feel that this is a standard feature