cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help with zoom phone - 2 questions.

Ingaan
Listener

I have a several questions to decide if Zoom phone is worth it. Please help if you know the answers to the next questions: 

1. Unclear what "Direct dial number" means, local number? it did say that it can port up to 100 local numbers, and that the process takes few days, so for every country we call we will have a different number on their display? need more insight on this subject.

2. "optional add on - unlimited calls to 18+ countries" which 18+ countries? how much does this add-on cost ( **starting** at 120$ is not a precise number) 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hello Ingaan,

I can answer question number 1 for you:

A "direct dial number" equates to a local phone number that would be associated with your account. Each Zoom Phone user subscription includes a direct dial number in the price. This would be the telephone number that people would use to call you from anywhere in the world. You can port your present number for continuity purposes. If you are thinking about using Zoom Phone for your business or organization with multiple users or common area phones, all calls could come though one main company number (and ring all or select phones). Each user or common area phone is assigned an extension number for internal calling and transferring purposes. Whether you assign a direct inward dial number to each user or not, you have the option of showing the outgoing Caller ID info of the main company number of the individual user's direct dial number.

I hope that helps!

For question number 2, I believe that you need to speak with a Zoom representative to get pricing based on the countries you select.

Craig

View solution in original post

BrandonS
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

DID was answered. It is the local phone number associated with your user phone account. The 18 countries are listed in the plans and pricing page as: An add-on plan that can be purchased with any of the unlimited calling plans. It provides unlimited international calling to the following countries / territory: US, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Austria, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland & Puerto Rico.

there is more about it here, but I could not find per minute charges for countries outside the bundles. 

https://blog.zoom.us/zoom-phone-service-in-40-plus-countries-territories-one-flat-monthly-price/

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

FORE-Craig

Hello Ingaan,

I can answer question number 1 for you:

A "direct dial number" equates to a local phone number that would be associated with your account. Each Zoom Phone user subscription includes a direct dial number in the price. This would be the telephone number that people would use to call you from anywhere in the world. You can port your present number for continuity purposes. If you are thinking about using Zoom Phone for your business or organization with multiple users or common area phones, all calls could come though one main company number (and ring all or select phones). Each user or common area phone is assigned an extension number for internal calling and transferring purposes. Whether you assign a direct inward dial number to each user or not, you have the option of showing the outgoing Caller ID info of the main company number of the individual user's direct dial number.

I hope that helps!

For question number 2, I believe that you need to speak with a Zoom representative to get pricing based on the countries you select.

Craig

BrandonS

DID was answered. It is the local phone number associated with your user phone account. The 18 countries are listed in the plans and pricing page as: An add-on plan that can be purchased with any of the unlimited calling plans. It provides unlimited international calling to the following countries / territory: US, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Austria, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland & Puerto Rico.

there is more about it here, but I could not find per minute charges for countries outside the bundles. 

https://blog.zoom.us/zoom-phone-service-in-40-plus-countries-territories-one-flat-monthly-price/

thank you so much for your help, greatly appreciated. 

Huge thanks. You have no idea how helpful that is. 

FORE-Craig

My pleasure, Ingaan! 

Craig