cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHONE CALLS

JoeB1
Listener

Just purchased 2 phone plans and I still can't. make. calls. 

WTF 

4 REPLIES 4

bman38
Listener

Hello JoeB1,

I am not sure if you actually activated the license and assigned a calling plan to a user.  If you did not please follow the below steps. 

How to assign licenses to existing users

You can assign Zoom Phone licenses to your existing Zoom users (up to 100 licenses at a time), allowing them to make and receive phone calls. Users will automatically be assigned an extension number and will appear in the Users & Rooms page.

Note: To assign more than 100 licenses at once, see the section to batch assign licenses.

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Phone System Management then Users & Rooms.
  3. Click the Users tab.
  4. Click Add.
  5. Specify the following information:
    • Site: If you created multiple sites, select the site you want the users to belong to.
    • Users, click Choose. Search for the user you want to assign a license to, and click the checkbox beside their first name. You can select up to 100 users at a time. Click Confirm.
    • Package: Click Assign to assign an outbound calling package.
    • Specify a template to be assigned to users: Apply the template to the selected users.
  6. Click Save to assign licenses to the selected users.
    Zoom Phone automatically assigns an extension number to each user. Users will also receive an email notification with their extension and a link to change basic phone settings.
    Note: To edit a user's extension number, you have to change user settings.

How to assign a calling package to a phone user

After assigning a license, you can assign a calling a calling package if you want to enable outbound calling for phone users.

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Phone System Management then Users & Rooms.
  3. Click the Users tab.
  4. Locate a phone user and click Assign then Assign Package in the last column.
  5. Select a calling package and click Confirm and Assign Numbers.
  6. If you want to assign a direct phone number to Zoom, select a phone number and click Confirm. Otherwise, click Skip.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue by clicking on Accept Solution on the bottom of the page.

JoeB1
Listener

When I click Add, nothing happens.

THERE HAS TO BE AN EASIER WAY TO USE THIS !!!

BrandonS
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

When you login to the admin portal do you see admin > phone system management > users&rooms?

If yes, you should be bale to click on your user and see something like this attached screenshot:

Vmwikali
Listener

I know...almost a week later im still not able to receive calls!

Do i need a desktop?I am a one man company and was expecting to get the calls from my mobile number.I have forwarded the calls but users are told there is no one avilable to pick yet my phone is not even ringing!