cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm looking for a way to have multiple users receive a call but some are external 10DLCs

Boyan
Attendee

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a way to have multiple users receive a call and whoever picks it up - they handle the call from thereon out. So far I've reviewed the following call routing methods but none fits my use case:

The sticking point is that some of the "members" must be an external numbers. Does such call routing method exist in Zoom phone? In the graph below, imagine if Carly and Grant are cell phone numbers?

Thanks

Boyan

Boyan_0-1682465018665.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Boyan 

I have always done this using steps below :

1. Create users for C&G

2. You will need to assign a Calling plan and a phone number for Carly and Grant i.e. provision them for Zoom phone with a license.

3. Once you do that, Change their call handling settings ( turn off Zoom phone, Zoom Appliances etc.) and forward to the external cell phone number. 

Now in your call queue, you can include Carly and Grant.

That should take care of your use case.

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @Boyan 

If the users are not members of your organization's Zoom account, it won't be possible.

If, however, they are members of your organization's Zoom account, they can be included and the Zoom app on their cell phones would ring being part of a Call Queue or Shared Line Group, just like on an internal desk phone, or the computer desktop Zoom app. 

I hope that helps!

Craig

sachinzoom

Hi @Boyan 

I have always done this using steps below :

1. Create users for C&G

2. You will need to assign a Calling plan and a phone number for Carly and Grant i.e. provision them for Zoom phone with a license.

3. Once you do that, Change their call handling settings ( turn off Zoom phone, Zoom Appliances etc.) and forward to the external cell phone number. 

Now in your call queue, you can include Carly and Grant.

That should take care of your use case.

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

sachinzoom

Note if forwarding just via call queue, You do need to assign them phone numbers. You will just need the license