cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holiday Hours

chassey
Listener

Is there an easy way to set Auto Receptionist to default to the Closed Hours during Holiday Hours.  The way it seems to work is a call flow will have to be set for each  Auto Receptionist for every holiday.  In my case this will require duplicating an IVR for every holiday for each  Auto Receptionist which isn't efficient or ideal.

7 REPLIES 7

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi!

I don't believe that there is. It is definitely a great enhancement to ask for!

For Holiday Hours in general, I would like to set a default IVR to flow down from the Company Info to Auto-Receptionists, then for each Holiday set up, a selected Greeting to flow down from Company Info to match up with it (Obviously greetings would have to vary based on the name of the holiday and dates that are spoken).

What do you think?

Craig

Craig

This might work for some deployments but in my case this would be problematic as I have multiple Auto Receptionists that serve different parts of the business with different requirements.  You could have both though.  The company wide setting could be either to follow the Auto Receptionist Closed Hours configuration or propagate a default IVR/greeting for holiday hours.  Alternatively, allowing holidays to be grouped in the Auto Receptionist config would simplify things.  You could create a holiday group in the Auto Receptionist, create the IVR config for the holiday group and then add all holidays to that group. This would avoid recreating the IVR config for every single holiday. I suspect in most deployments the IVR config probably doesn’t change for different holidays.

With 2 other producys I managed in the past, the vendor created up to 10 holiday schedules.  When you created a call queue you went to the holidays schedule section there and simply pointed that queue to any one of the 10 holidays you created.  When it came time to update the schedule for the next year you only changed it in one place, the original 10 schedules.   We have 140 company sites with 153 auto receptionists and 205 call queues.  Holiday schedules are a nightmare.  We made the decision to have a generic holiday greeting that can be used for any holiday.  We are getting ready to remove all holiday schedules and have the site admins simply show those dates as closed for business and implement the generic holiday message if not just leave the regular closed hours message.  Anyone else have any better ideas?  Zoom says they have a request in engineering open to improve that but I have heard that for 2years and nothing has been done.

YESSS!!

I know this is almost a year old...  but, this is the same pain I am having as we migrate to Zoom.  We have many sites that would share a holiday schedule, but there are times that we need to close a site due to some local issue.   Ideally a Holiday would just be a closed day, and could have a master schedule for all sites at the account level, or I suppose groups of sites (for additional flexibility), that could be edited/removed/added at the local site.  Maybe there could be a override for playing a generic Holiday message (not needed for me).  

Please Zoom, help us.  

FORE-Craig

HI @RickCH 

Zoom doesn't monitor the Community for enhancement ideas, feel free to submit an enhancement request at https://zoom.us/feed.

Craig

Sorry, that was kinda just for a joke, but thank you for that link, ill submit it also.

FORE-Craig

Great!

Craig