cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fax Mailbox

ChrisTyler
Listener

Hello all,

Does anyone know if I can set up a Fax Mailbox in Zoom Voice and forward that to an email address?  I set up an Auto Attendant with my fax number and set it to forward to an email address.  Just looking to see if that is all I need?  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Arps
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello! 

Zoom Phone does not support faxing natively within the application.  You can use an ATA with a physical fax machine however.   Zoom partners with FaxSIPit for customers that need to support faxing from their pc, but that service does not live within the Zoom platform.

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thanks! Rick

View solution in original post

townsendwc

@ChrisTyler 

Good day!

Are you asking if Zoom will be able to receive an incoming fax, convert it to a TIFF or PDF and forward that to an email address?  If so, the answer is no, Zoom doesn't have a native fax service today.  You can have an ATA device configured for a physical fax machine or you can forward to an eFax solution.  There are integrations like FaxSIPit that you can review as well.  https://www.faxsipit.com/zoom/ for your reference.

--Bill

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Arps

Hello! 

Zoom Phone does not support faxing natively within the application.  You can use an ATA with a physical fax machine however.   Zoom partners with FaxSIPit for customers that need to support faxing from their pc, but that service does not live within the Zoom platform.

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thanks! Rick

townsendwc

@ChrisTyler 

Good day!

Are you asking if Zoom will be able to receive an incoming fax, convert it to a TIFF or PDF and forward that to an email address?  If so, the answer is no, Zoom doesn't have a native fax service today.  You can have an ATA device configured for a physical fax machine or you can forward to an eFax solution.  There are integrations like FaxSIPit that you can review as well.  https://www.faxsipit.com/zoom/ for your reference.

--Bill

MattS
Attendee

I know this thread is old, but question about FAXSIPIT... is it actually integrated in any way to zoom? or is it just a partner?

Their website doesn't provide a lot of details about their services in general, but I am sensing they are missing some important enterprise features like SSO. 

townsendwc

@MattS 
You can find the app in the Zoom App Marketplace.  You can use this link to get there faster.  It will integrate with the Zoom Desktop Client and looks like this:

townsendwc_0-1650647682582.png

I hope this helps!
--Bill