cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Paging

GentryG
Listener

Can anyone help me understand how this works or is anyone using it? Are all the prerequisites required? It talks about certain phones you need to have I'm just all sorts of confused. It shows having zoom phone application clients so can we page to these devices? I tried visiting with support but all they do is send me the links to the articles I've already read, but they don't really explain what the end result is. I was with a company in the past where for paging all we did was buy the ip horn and give it a license and assign it a common area, you can then call that extension and get a page in essence. Do you still go through this same process and the cloud thing is just a way of grouping them all together? 

5 REPLIES 5

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Hi GentryG,

You can do what you did in your old company.  You can page to Zoom certified cloud paging devices such as SIP speakers, SIP horns, paging adapters and visual alerters.

In addition you can cloud page to the following desk phones:

AudioCodes: C450HD, 450HD, 445HD

Poly: Edge E series

Yealink: T53W, T54W, T57W, T58W, T43U, T46U, T48U, T31P, T31G, T33G

Some SIP desk phone manufacturers such as poly and yealink, also support paging using built in desk phone functions.  Please see

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Phone-System/Zoom-VOIP-Intercom/m-p/76562#M3205

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks, eliot

I understand your frustration. It seems like a convoluted process, especially when dealing with a faulty thermostat. Waiting for diagnosis before receiving a replacement can be inconvenient, especially considering the impact on your home's climate control. It's a valid concern, and I empathize with the hassle you're experiencing. If support isn't providing satisfactory answers, reaching out to the community or exploring alternative solutions might be worthwhile.

GentryG
Listener

What about using a Poly CCX phone as an appliance? Can you page to that? The setup article mentions it in the prerequisites. 

Eliot

i am not sure.

here is a link to hp (poly is now part of hp) that talks about ccx paging.

Can Poly CCX Phones use the well-known Paging Feature | Poly, formerly Plantronics & Polycom

i have also attached ccx user and admin guides, but i did not see a specific answer.

thanks, eliot

jmorris411
Listener

If you're just trying to page a single common area, you can simply dial the common area extension. Paging allows you to group Common areas together and page multiple common areas simultaneously.

We are leveraging paging in our environment. We have 4 ALGO sip speakers in each site. We had to create a common area for each "master" SIP speaker, then add the common areas to the Paging section. Once they were added, we were able to broadcast to all of the paging speakers without issue. Unfortunately the Paging system is so new, that extensions generated in the Paging settings are not yet listed as contacts in Zoom Desktop and the only method for making it easy to call the extension is to use a physical IP Phone and add a hotkey. As a workaround, we are having our users add a personal contact with the extension so they know they are calling the correct paging area.