cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Routing based on incoming caller id

DamienGM
Listener

Hi

Is there anyway to route an incoming call to a different queue, user, anything other than default based on the caller ID number? 

Regards

Damien

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @DamienGM 

No, there is nothing like that at this point in time. What is your intended purpose, and how would it work (by range of prefixes, or lookup from a database of numbers)?

Craig

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

FORE-Craig

Hi @DamienGM 

No, there is nothing like that at this point in time. What is your intended purpose, and how would it work (by range of prefixes, or lookup from a database of numbers)?

Craig

It would be for a specific number. Our visitor gate parking communicates over mobile phone. We have a lunch time queue which pushes all calls to voicemail during lunch hours. Issue is if someone comes to visitor parking at lunchtime no-one can answer it so can't open visitor parking. I would want that one specific number to not go to the queue and ring all the phones constantly until someone answers during that lunch break. Seeing that routing is not possible we will have to think of other solutions

I know this is an old item, but I'm happy to explain how it would work.  There are many use-cases for "steering" calls as the original guy was requesting.  We're a logistics company and we could steer a driver call to the logistics terminal that he serves.  Dial one central number and your call gets routed to a queue which covers that region.  Use-cases are the limit of imagination.

One easy solution (for us anyway) would be to implement an API webhook which gets called on inbound calls to a number that is configured for call steering.  Call is presented to webhook, webhook looks up the number or whatever logic it uses, and returns a routing instruction.  The routing instruction could be much like a "Holiday Schedule" entry with the schedule.  Like route to CQ x013...or external number +13028675309, etc...  You would add "call Steering" configuration to anything that can receive a call and that's where we would add the webhook URL and whatever parameters.

Admittedly it isn't easy to devise something that would be generic for non-programmers....like an out-of-box....unless you just had the basics where the user can supply each and every steering option and source callerID number.  If the callers are reasonably finite, this would be a great feature.  Support the simple mode internal list....and the API webhook advanced steering.

Thanks

Nick

enielsen
Participant

I assume the visitor gate parking box is dialing a specific Zoom Phone number? If so, can you take it out of the call queue entirely and put it in a new one? 

During non-lunch hours, have it overflow to the original call queue. During lunch, have it ring all agent phones?

We have no control over the visitor gate parking, it's part of the building complex we are in. It is setup to call a public number, and since we only have one external number it calls that, and that number has all the standards auto receptionist/queue etc attached to it.

please refund my last unauthorized payment 12272/- 

I replied replied to your original old post and I thought it might be helpful to reply to your immediate need as well....albeit 6 months later!!

The simplest thing to do is to add an addtional phone number to your Zoom account which is the dedicated target number for your callbox system.  You create a call queue for "Parking Lot", assign the new phone number, and add members, schedules and coverage options that you need.  We have fifty callboxes at man doors and vehicle entrances in 14 cities all handled through Zoom.  In our case we control the hardware and it is all Zoom-attached and able to dial a Zoom number....but dialing a Call Queue from an internal extension is no different than dialing it from an outside public number...so it's all the same.

Hope that helps.

Assuming this solution comes with an additional cost?  It is a shame, as, our original Ring Central account had the ability to add a CUSTOM RULE to the call flow Auto-receptionist that when the "front gate or front door" called in from it's number, we would redirect it to the user group that is available to buzz them up at all times.  This worked really well having that feature...and it wasn't an additional expense to do so.

Thanks