cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

distribute poll across multiple hosts?

bethrizzotti
Listener

Help! We have a large group of ZOOM Pro hosts who will hosting a new series of training sessions -  each course includes polls in the instructional design.  Is there any way to bulk populate the polls for these sessions into all of the host PMRs?  Or - is there a way to give an LHH admin or Alternative host access to pre - populate it FOR the hosts?  I know that AltHosts can now add/edit polls DURING a meeting, but that doesn't help us.  Do we have ANY options at all other than having every single individual host login to their ZOOM web portal and manually set up all of the polls by hand in their PMR settings of their profile so they can then launch them when they are teaching?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Unfortunately, there is currently no way to easily transfer polls between users on an account. A workaround would be to use templates to create a duplicate meeting with those polls (as outlined in this ProTip: Zoom Meetings - Pro Tip #1: Enhanced Polling and Meeting Templates ), then use Scheduling Privilege to pass this meeting to each user that needs the polls. Each user just needs to create their own template from the duplicate and they have the full list of polls to use. The template they create can be used over and over, as well as edited. 

It's a long and complicated process, I'll admit, but If you would like to submit any product feedback, I encourage you to visit our Zoom Feedback form, which is the official way to share any feedback or feature requests with the Zoom team. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Bort

Unfortunately, there is currently no way to easily transfer polls between users on an account. A workaround would be to use templates to create a duplicate meeting with those polls (as outlined in this ProTip: Zoom Meetings - Pro Tip #1: Enhanced Polling and Meeting Templates ), then use Scheduling Privilege to pass this meeting to each user that needs the polls. Each user just needs to create their own template from the duplicate and they have the full list of polls to use. The template they create can be used over and over, as well as edited. 

It's a long and complicated process, I'll admit, but If you would like to submit any product feedback, I encourage you to visit our Zoom Feedback form, which is the official way to share any feedback or feature requests with the Zoom team. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

I have now tested this solution - and discovered that you cannot do SAVE AS TEMPLATE on a meeting created in your PMR.   So that foils that theory.  I then tested by having another Pro Host give me Scheduler privileges.  And then I scheduled a meeting for them - specifically selecting their PMR link radio button instead of GENERATE AUTOMATICALLY.  That was successful - the meeting was scheduled for them - in THEIR PMR.  Which is good.  However, they obviously do not have access to the polls I have created in my own PMR.  And it not a template that they can use repeatedly.  I need to get this set of polls into each Hosts PMR - without having to have each of them manually recreate every single one.  Any other options you can think of?  Or -barring that - if there any legit means within our terms of use for me to grant one person access to all of these hosts PMRs so we can have an admin do this on everyone's behalf?

Bort

Unfortunately, using your PMI for all your meetings really complicates this. I just tried testing a few ways to see if its possible to transfer polls from your PMI to a random meeting ID and the polls would never transfer with the other details. 

Besides scheduling your meetings with random IDs, which I would recommend in general, I encourage you to visit our Zoom Feedback form, which is the official way to share any feedback or feature requests with the Zoom team. 

We have one user with all the Webinars templates and polls. The second user is conducting a Webinar with polls that was conducted by user1.  We conducted the following steps with no success:

1. Added the ability for User 1 and User 2 to create and edit Webinars for each other.

2. User 1 create a Webinar with Template containing Polls.

3. User 1 changed the Host to User 2 for the Webinar.

4. User 2 opens up Webinar. Polls are not there.

Please assist.