cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cloud recording layouts and vimeo integration

Shimat
Listener

I am using vimeo zoom app, and would like to upload to vimeo a recording that includes active speaker/gallery view thumbnail with shared screen.

also, I need the separate files so I could edit the recordings for future use.

on cloud recording settings I enabled "Record gallery view with shared screen",  and also "Record active speaker, gallery view and shared screen separately"

viewing the recording on the zoom player, I can see the active speaker/gallery view on the right, which is fine, 

but the "gallery view with shared screen" recording file should display the active speaker thumbnail in the top-right corner while screen sharing, but it doesn't. all I see is the shared screen which means, when vimeo uploads the recording, no thumbnail is shown (obviously the downloaded file doesn't show it either).

Im guessing that it has something to do with recording the 3 layouts separately, but I need the separate files and can't disable this option.

is there something that can be done other than manually and locally combine the separate recordings and manually uploading to vimeo? 

2 REPLIES 2

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

You would need to download the files and combine them with video editing software. Zoom somewhat combines the video views when playing the videos on our video player, but that functionality/view is lost when the files are downloaded and viewed elsewhere. 

SolomonGoode
Listener

@Shimat - 

Did you ever find a solution for this challenge you were facing?

We are running into the same exact situation.

😞

@Bort - ?