cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

breakout room questions

CareerAviators
Listener

If I have 10 breakout rooms and I want each breakout room to answer a different question, What is the easiest way to do it.  As a gues presenter its not possible to give questions to anyone in advance of the talk

9 REPLIES 9

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@CareerAviators , currently Breakout Rooms can only Broadcast  the same message to all at the same time.

roadcasting a message to all breakout rooms

The host or co-hosts can broadcast a message to all breakout rooms to share information with all participants. This can be done from the main session or from within a breakout room.

Note: This must be enabled in your Breakout Room settings.  

1. Click Breakout Rooms 

in the meeting controls.
  2. Click Broadcast message to all, enter your message, and click Broadcast.
  3. The message will now appear for all participants in breakout rooms.

More information about managing Breakout Rooms can be found in  KB article below.

Managing breakout rooms 

Hope this helps.

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

Thanks very much Great ideas

kjhartma
Community Champion | Customer

Hmmm...  Not sure which is easiest, but here what I can think of:

• If enabled, before sending people to breakout rooms, place a file in the chat with items in it that read like "If you're in breakout room 1 your question is...", "If you're  in breakout room 2, your question is..."  
  • Once folks are in breakout rooms, you can share your screen to every room.  Maybe share a slide or document to all rooms that state something similar to what's listed above.
  • This might be the most tedious, send participants to the breakout rooms, and then you and/or facilitators if you have and can go to each individual room and tell the participants the question.  You can leave a file or chat message once you're in the room and it'll be there for all participants while in the breakout room.

Hi Thanks!

Do you know if the people in the room know what room number they are in? if they do then your first two ideas would be easy to do.

The other thing I wonder about is where the message shows up when you fill out "message all rooms" I have used that before but its like the message never came through  -- or they did not notice it:)

Thanks for your help

Wayne

kjhartma

I believe when you broadcast a message to all rooms the message shows up as a banner at the top of the Zoom window for the attendees in the breakout rooms.  It's not the largest font from what I recall so it could easily be missed.

When you open the rooms, each attendee should see a message saying something like "The host is inviting you to room 3" or "Now joining room 6", depending on if you're automatically moving them of letting the participants manually join the room.  It should be in the center of the screen for them.

Thanks very much!!! W

Thanks very much!!!! Wayne

edelklaus
Listener

If the number of rooms is not to high, you could join one after one and let the particants ther know their own question.

I have too many rooms but thanks a mill for all your help W