cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to assign a user in linked account as alternate host, but instructions fail

Mara_Charnell
Listener

The Scheduling privilege and alternative hosts page says we can add alternative hosts and assign scheduling privileges to other users in the same organization, including users in sub-accounts. I'm following the instructions to enable this account-level setting, but I can't get it to work. 

I have successfully linked my two Pro accounts into one organization. (screenshot)  

(I am slightly confused because the main instructions say "link the master/sub account in IM settings" but the how-to page never actually takes me to the IM settings.)

After linking, I follow the instructions for enabling the alternative host setting. When I get to step 5 in the instructions, though, it tells me to change settings that aren't there. (screenshot) 

If I try to assign an alternate host to a meeting anyway, I get the error that the email can't be found. (screenshot)

(I am trying to use the owner of the sub-account as the alternative host for a meeting in the master account.)

Has anybody else solved the problem where step 5 on the Scheduling privilege and alternative hosts page tells you to edit some settings, but those settings aren't there? Maybe there is a problem after all with trying to use the alternate host setting with organizations?

(I tried submitting this to support, but say they are "unable to respond to the open ticket at this time".)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If anyone else runs into confusion about master/sub accounts versus organizations, here's what I learned thanks to help from Zoom employees. (Thanks, Bort!)

Yes, having accounts in a master/sub relationship is different than linking accounts into an organization. 

Also, there isn't anywhere in the web portal or client where you can look up whether your accounts are in a master/sub relationship. 

Hope this helps other folks who are confused about this. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

An important aspect of this feature is that the two accounts are in a parent/child (master/sub) configuration, not just two random accounts. You've successfully linked them, but are they tied together as master/sub accounts? 

If you are unsure, please send me a private message and we can look into this together. 

Bort, please send me a private message to get us started. My toolbar isn't showing the envelope icon, and I'm hoping it will show up when I have a message in my inbox. 

If anyone else runs into confusion about master/sub accounts versus organizations, here's what I learned thanks to help from Zoom employees. (Thanks, Bort!)

Yes, having accounts in a master/sub relationship is different than linking accounts into an organization. 

Also, there isn't anywhere in the web portal or client where you can look up whether your accounts are in a master/sub relationship. 

Hope this helps other folks who are confused about this. 

Hi, you didn't say if you were able to accomplish this. Were you successfully able to add an alternative host from a different sub account? If so what did you have to do?

Bort

This article details how to setup scheduling privileges and alt-hosting between linked master/sub-accounts: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4403249620493