cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with camera in zoom, freezing

Erick_Borges
Listener

Every time I turn on the camera in the meeting it appears normally, but after a few seconds it starts to fail and repeat my image as if it were a gif. but this only happens on zoom´.

I have 2 cameras and I use the background, both show an error in the zoom but it doesn't show an error in any other program.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

encara
Attendee

Hey @Erick_Borges, if you've upgraded to the latest version of Zoom there seems to be an issue in the current build.

See here to install an older version:  https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/12-28-2022-Zoom-Update-Video-Freeze-With-Flashing-Multi-Color...

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

encara
Attendee

Hey @Erick_Borges, if you've upgraded to the latest version of Zoom there seems to be an issue in the current build.

See here to install an older version:  https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/12-28-2022-Zoom-Update-Video-Freeze-With-Flashing-Multi-Color...

Meaning uninstall the app and then click on this link? I'm one of those tech-lite people and apparently my Pro Plan does not allow live chat. Ugh. Camera is freezing all of a sudden.

Had this problem of the video freezing multi-colored & gif like thing. Thought it was only me then my friend came across the same problem. So far, this solution worked. Hope Zoom will work out the fix for current update soon tho.

Thanks for this, was going haywire thinking there was something wrong with my laptop.

chantalm
Listener

It used to work well before the last upgrade, and now i have the same problem as Erick. The last upgrade doesnt work

I am experiencing exactly the same problem following the Zoom update to the latest version

AndyB13
Listener

Can't remember where I found it (sorry) but I have just tested this as a fix for this problems and it seems to work:

Video settings:

Set Adjust low light to manual

in the video settings Advanced tab UNcheck the box "optimize video quality with de-noise"

I have no idea what this does, but it does now appear that I can run a Zoom meeting with two cameras and screenshare.

HTH

This seems to have worked. Thanks!! Should I still install the link shown above in Encara's comment?

AndyB13
Listener

I am no techie so I can only give my rule of thumb which is that I never install or delete anything if something is working!  Unlike most software developers (it seems) I am definitely of the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" school.

Ha! Exactly. It's working now. I won't fiddle with anything else. 🙂

PeteW
Listener

I am similar and a semi-techie - little point going back to the old version if the fix of unchecking the optimise video quality addressed the problem - it worked for me ok.  If that didn't fix it (but I suspect it will have done for most people if not everyone), then roll back to the previous release.  The problem is recognised as a bug in the release by Zoom and is being permanently addressed shortly in an updated release shortly (see posts on other channels).     

Thanks for weighing in. What a pain, honestly! It took me more than an hour to troubleshoot this on my own prior to teaching a Zoom class. But...it worked. Too bad Zoom 1) doesn't offer live chat for ProPlan members and 2) too bad there's no "alert" email that goes out when stupid things like this happen that affect so many people...