cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple account management

Steve9
Listener

I am trying to get assistance with two accounts that are partially merged. I have one business account and one nonprofit account. I can see the users for my nonprofit in my business account, but not the meetings and webinars. I can no longer log into the nonprofit account. Any help?

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @Steve9,

Are you talking about two user accounts that you personally use?  Or are you talking about two organizational accounts, each with multiple users attached, which you manage?

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

I am the owner of one organization and admin user on another. I can’t log in to the account that I’m an admin for. I can’t change my email on the account that I own. Trying to get zoom tech help which feels like pulling teeth…. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ray_Harwood

Okay, I'll do what I can for you technically here.  Please leave my teeth intact - I paid a lot for them! 😁

So let me recap, so we're both on the same page and know where we're headed:

• FYI, I generally refer to a "collection of user accounts" as an "organizational account".  Zoom uses the word "account" ambiguously a lot... so this is my way of distinguishing between the two meanings.
  • Let's call your the user account that owns the Business Organization Account "Account B"
  • Let's call the user account that owned (past tense) the Nonprofit Organization Account "Account NP"
  • You can't log into Account NP, but you can log into account B. 
  • You want Account B and it's other Accounts B1, B2, etc. to stay where they are with B
  • You want to  Accounts NP1, NP2, etc. to be merged into the B-owned account.
  • You also need to retain Account NP, and want that moved over to B-owned account.

Q1:  You say you've merged the organizations.  This can generally be done in two ways:

Please indicate which method you believe you used.

Q2: I assume you can see Accounts B, B1, B2, etc. as users in the Admin -> User Management -> Users list (https://zoom.us/account/user#/) under the Users tab, and the Type of each account is either Licensed or Basic.

Please confirm.

Q3: Can you see the previous admin Account NP anywhere?  Either in:

Please indicate where the NP account is seen, if anywhere.

Q4: Where can you see the NP1, NP2, etc. Accounts? Either in:

Please Indicate where the NP1, NP2... accounts are seen.  If in multiple places, please list each location and how many of the accounts are in each location.

Q5: Can you determine if any owners of Accounts NP1, NP2, etc. are able to log into and use their account?

Q6: With Account B as owner and admin of the B Organizational Account, do you still need the Account NP?  If so:

• Will it become "just a user" (Licensed or Basic)
  • Will it become an additional Admin for the B Organizational Account?  (Many companies have the company owner - unlikely to leave his/her job - as the Owner, but assigns a staff person as one who makes day-to-day operational changes within the Zoom account.)

With answers to all that, I'll have an idea of where to head. Last question: How critical is getting this resolved, timing wise?  If it goes into next week, what is the negative operational impact?

I'll get this figured out, with your help.  Thanks for hanging in there, Steve!!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !