cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unassign a Zoom event license

WWLL-Zoom-Admin
Listener

My organization currently has 7 licenses.  We want to reduce that to 6.  In Billing/Current Plans/Edit Current Plans I changed our quantity from 7 to 6.  A pop-up window said "At least 1 license needs to be unassigned by <our renewal date>.

I checked the support article "Assigning Zoom Licenses" (https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4402706779405-Assigning-Zoom-Events-licenses).

It talks about "revoking" a Zoom license.  QUESTION: is "revoking" the same as "unassigning"???

Under "How to revoke" the article says:

• To the right of the user you want to unassign a license from, click Edit.
    A new window will open.
    Note: Use the Search field to search for and add a user that is not listed.
  • Unselect the Zoom Events checkbox.
  • Click Save.

There is no such check box!!!  Here's a screen shot:

WWLLZoomAdmin_0-1660946688952.png

QUESTION: What do I need to do to unassign the license???

In poking around, I clicked on the ellipses next to "Edit" next to the user name.  One of the options was "deactivate".  So I tried it.  I seem to have an available license now, so I'm hoping that "deactivate" was the right thing to do.

Thanks in advance for any help.  And apologies in advance if this question has been answered--I searched the community but could not find anything.

6 REPLIES 6

ZoomZoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi,

By deactivating, you deactivated the user. In the screenshot of the popup above you only need to change from Licensed to basic and save. 

Don't forget to reactivate that user, otherwise he is going to have a bad day.

Cheers,

If this answer helps you, please hit the “Accept as Solution” button.
Thank you,

ZzZz

I have what I think is a similar question.  I know how to make a use inactive but then I have extra licenses.

I would like to remove 4 licenses that we are not using but are paying for.

How can I do that?

Regards

Bort

Hi @Dscott 

There is currently no way to suspend inactive licenses, so you would need to edit your current subscription and reduce the number of licenses you need. This article has some info on how to do that: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/207597883-Upgrading-your-account-and-add-ons#h_66d80406-75...

When you need those licenses again, you would just need to edit your subscription again to increase the number of licenses you need. 

Thanks Bort.  That seems pretty straight forward and I will do it!

ZoomZoom

Actually I am not sure exactly what you want here. If it just a Zoom pro license, then the procedure I mention above solves it. 

If it is related to Zoom Event, that is an added license and should be an option under Large Meeting and Webinar. Just deselect the Zoom Events checkbox, save and that is it.

If this answer helps you, please hit the “Accept as Solution” button.
Thank you,

ZzZz

WWLL-Zoom-Admin
Listener

Zoom Zoom

Thanks for the replies.  Which seem to work.

What am I trying to do?  Deleting a Pro license that my organization no longer needs (while keeping our 6 other licenses).

Also, I hope you took notice of the fact that the screen messages and help file are just plain wrong, and should be fixed.  I'm talking about the message on a billing screen that says ""At least 1 license needs to be unassigned by <our renewal date>.", and the support article here:  "Assigning Zoom Licenses" (https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4402706779405-Assigning-Zoom-Events-licenses).

Nowhere did anything say to change the license from "Pro" to "Basic".

Thanks.