Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing support Cases

rowguy1
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello,

We are considering a larger deployment of Zoom and I am wondering if a Zoom administrator can see all of the support cases that their organizations users have opened ? 

Here is the scenario - just in case my note isn't clear...

Let's imagine that George Jetson is the administrator for Zoom at Spacely Sprockets. George ensures that all Zoom rooms are functioning correctly, that it is integrated with other applications, etc. George is the focal point for all things Zoom at his company. 

Jane is a user at Spacely Sprockets:
1) Can Jane file a case directly with Zoom? 
2) If Jane can file a case with Zoom, is George notified that the case was opened? 
3) Can George see that case in the support portal? 

If George can see Jane's case that is great! But also if George leaves Spacely Sprockets and is replaced by Barney Rubble - we want to be sure that Barney can see the status of outstanding cases. 

Thanks for the insights. 

6 REPLIES 6

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

A non-admin user can only raise tickets on specific support plans with Zoom. 

Every Zoom account must have an owner, a specific role that can only be allocated to one user. When George leaves and Barney joins, Barney will need to be designated as the account owner.

Account owners are able to see all tickets placed by members of their account, however IIRC, this functionality must be manually requested via Zoom Support.

rowguy1
Newcomer
Newcomer

Do you support having a second "owner?" Someone who can just view the tickets? This ensures that if George leaves there is no gap. It could be read only and then promoted to owner. 

bstrelko

To the best of my knowledge, you cannot remove an owner without delegating a new one. 2 owners cannot exist.

rowguy1
Newcomer
Newcomer

... So if my admin leaves, goes on vacation, or for some reason is suddenly not available for a long period of time, then we lose access until we can get another person onboarded. 

Do other people use a shared identity? which is of course a security risk? 

bstrelko

You can have multiple admins, just not multiple owners. If you wanted to make "George" and "Jane" both admins, Zoom can allow admins to see all tickets for the account.

There are frequently situations where a 'service' account is used in larger orgs (non-human account for integrations, API calls, etc), but as you implied, there is an additional security risk to assigning the owner role to such an account.

Frank_TB

I am a Zoom admin and I can see all of our organization's support tickets.

Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 09.05.11.png

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!