cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Owner user of a Pro Account required to have a license?

neeron
Listener

Hi there,

We have an account of 3 users, and we're thinking of purchasing a Pro license. Is it possible for the Owner of the account to have a basic license, and one of the other members a meeting license?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

Roles and licences are two different concepts.

Roles such as owner and admin allow them to change how the settings for the account work.

Licences allow users to use the full functionality of the services Zoom offers.

So, yes, you can have an owner who is a basic (free) user and a user who is licensed.

What you cannot do is share a licence amongst one or more users as this is against the Terms of use you agree to when you sign up to use Zoom.

There are 3 default roles in an account:

• Owner: Has all privileges including role management.
  • Admin: Can add, remove, or edit users, as well as manage advanced features like API, SSO, Billing, Meeting Connector, and App Marketplace. 
  • Members: Have no administrative privileges and can only adjust their own user settings, unless locked by an admin at the Account or Group level settings. 

Here is a Zoom support document that explains the difference between roles and licences in more detail:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201363173-Zoom-user-types-roles 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Frank_TB

Hello,

Roles and licences are two different concepts.

Roles such as owner and admin allow them to change how the settings for the account work.

Licences allow users to use the full functionality of the services Zoom offers.

So, yes, you can have an owner who is a basic (free) user and a user who is licensed.

What you cannot do is share a licence amongst one or more users as this is against the Terms of use you agree to when you sign up to use Zoom.

There are 3 default roles in an account:

• Owner: Has all privileges including role management.
  • Admin: Can add, remove, or edit users, as well as manage advanced features like API, SSO, Billing, Meeting Connector, and App Marketplace. 
  • Members: Have no administrative privileges and can only adjust their own user settings, unless locked by an admin at the Account or Group level settings. 

Here is a Zoom support document that explains the difference between roles and licences in more detail:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201363173-Zoom-user-types-roles 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Hello Frank,
I have a one zoom license and have recurring meeting that I scheduled for the church. I want to delegate it to our administrator. I have added him as a user and assigned him a role as a administrator but it only allows basic. Can he manage the meeting I created to start the meeting instead of me doing it without me providing him my user name/password?