cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contradictory messages

mirkle
Explorer
Explorer

Can anyone explain the contradictory messages on this user managment page (see screenshot) ? I have a Zoom workplace pro and a webinar account but I can't assign them. 

6 REPLIES 6

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee

Hello @mirkle 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

The license assignment limit is based on the number of purchased licenses on your account.

Note: Sharing meeting licenses among multiple users is a violation of Zoom’s Terms of Service.

You can purchase additional licenses on your account to increase the limit of license assignment. Once purchased, you can continue assigning licenses to users.

If you purchased additional licenses, but still receive the error message and are unable to assign the new licenses, contact Zoom Support.

Have a great day!

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

mirkle
Explorer
Explorer

Sorry but this doesn't answer the question.

In case the pdf is not clear enough, the contradication I am referring to is that there is a message which says 'You have licenses still available to users.Assign license to users or manage  your license count' and on the same page it says 'You have exceeded the limit of license assignment for your account. Buy more licenses  to increase the limit'. 

Both of these statements can't be true. 

mirkle
Explorer
Explorer

I note that in Zoom Support, under Assigning Zoom Licences, it says

'If you receive an error message related to exceeding the limit of license assignment for your account, you will not be able to assign licenses at this time. The license assignment limit is based on the number of purchased licenses you have.'

I have one license. I assigned it to one user, and then reassigned it to myself. Is this a violation of the terms of use? 

I don't understand this. You say that the assigment limit is based on the number of licences, I have one licence and I have assigned it to one person at a time. I have a message on my account which says I have licenses still available to assign. Do I still have this license ? How can I comply with two contradictory instructions on my account? 

MGSR

Hello @mirkle,

Sorry to hear you’re receiving a message regarding a limit on license assignments when assigning Zoom One or Zoom Meeting licenses and the contradictory message. This limit is based on the number of purchased licenses on your account. Once additional licenses are purchased, the limit will be increased, and you can continue assigning licenses to users.

Note: Sharing meeting licenses among multiple users is a violation of Zoom’s Terms of Service. Per section 1.2 Prohibition on Sharing:

"You may not share an account, Host rights, or any other user rights with any other individual, unless otherwise expressly pre-approved by Zoom in writing. You may not share any login credentials or passwords regarding the foregoing with any other individual. You acknowledge that sharing of any such rights is strictly prohibited. Your right to use or access the Services and Software is personal to you and not assignable or transferable. You may not assign or transfer any account, Host rights, or any other user rights with any other individual, except upon (i) an individual termination of employment or relationship with their employer, as applicable, or (ii) Zoom’s prior express written approval."

If your use of Zoom services requires additional licenses to comply with Zoom’s single-user-per-license requirement, you can visit your Billing page on the Zoom web portal to purchase additional licenses.

Once additional licenses are purchased, the limit will be increased, and you’ll be able to assign licenses to users.

For more information, please refer to Zoom error code: “exceeded the limit of license assignment”.

Mark
Zoom Community Team

Thank you for your reply.

So if I have understood you correctly, we have now lost access to our webinar licence as a result of my allocating it to one member of the team, and then reallocating it to me (this was due to the member being on holiday when I wanted to update some of the settings). 

If this is the case, I presume I am no longer obliged to pay the invoice next week.

Regards,

Mark Ellis 

MGSR

Hi @mirkle 

I'm sorry, the webinar license may not be utilized. 

For further information as well as your invoice concern, please contact the billing department. 

Have a great day.

Mark
Zoom Community Team