cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom not recording actual whiteboard

abates1
Newcomer
Newcomer

Has anyone had issues with recordings since the zoom update? The new whiteboard features are so nice but I just had a student tell me that on the cloud recording, it just shows a black screen when I am using a whiteboard. It seems to work fine live, but I confirmed that just a black screen is shown on the recording. I haven't updated or changed any settings.

12 REPLIES 12

CTG99
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm having the same issue - trying to find out why.

ds4
Explorer
Explorer

I've had a similar issue, as the meeting recording did not record the whiteboard....just showed my face. I think that you might have to manually share the whiteboard for it to be included in the recording. (Just a hunch...didn't try it yet).

CarlaA
Community Moderator | Employee

Hi @abates1 @ds4 @CTG99, thank you for posting in the Zoom Community and i apologize for the issue you are incurring while trying to view your recording. 

To better assist you, please provide us with OS/ OS version / and Zoom App version. Please also report this issue in the Zoom app while reproducing the issue.

CarlaA_0-1718979766194.png

Thank you! 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

agy
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have the same issue. Did you get a resolution?

I haven't seen anyone posting a resolution to this issue. I also had a different issue, that after opening a new whiteboard during a meeting and then sharing another screen, the whiteboard does not stay open to return to it. It has to be either saved and closed, or discarded. Saving it, and then trying to reopen it during a meeting (teaching a class, in my case) is so impractical. Earlier versions of zoom did not have this problem. I was able to open a whiteboard, switch to another window to share and then return to the whiteboard. A zoom technician responded to my concern but I didn't fully understand the solution... I tried following the instructions but was not successful.

Riya3171
Newcomer
Newcomer

Did anyone find a solution please help me!!

agy
Newcomer
Newcomer

I opened an issue with Zoom support about this but have not received a reply. It's a real problem for me.

Lepsman
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am having the exact same problem.

CarlaA

To better assist you, please provide us with OS/ OS version / and Zoom App version. This will help us to better locate this issue. Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hi! This is DS4, who had the issue of not being able to hold on to a whiteboard, when attempting to share another screen. I want  to go back to the whiteboard after sharing another screen... It tells me that the whiteboard will close upon sharing another screen. I want it to stay open to continue with it. In previous versions this wasn't an issue. I'm using workplace ver. 6.0.11, on a windows 10 thinkpad laptop. Thank you for your assistance.

Version 6.1.10 runs the whiteboard on i pad running OS 17.6.1
Recording is handled by web zoom on HP EliteBook

Ross4
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

Do you mean that you could open the whiteboard in the meeting while sharing the screen? The new whiteboard does not support opening it while sharing the screen, but it will be supported in future versions.