cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Rooms Sharing Key

VeraITStaff
Newcomer
Newcomer

Does anyone know if it's possible to increase the refresh rate of the sharing key in Zoom rooms? 

We are testing out Zoom rooms currently. Something we run into is users wanting to share their screens to the large tv's we have in conference rooms even when they don't have an active Zoom meeting. 

The screen share does work outside of a set meeting, though it seems that the refresh rate for the sharing key is 10-15 min and will close out a screen share if it is being used. 

Does anyone know if there is a way to increase the refresh rate of the sharing key, maybe from 15 min to a half hour?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

To the best of my knowledge, this is a fixed duration that cannot be modified.

Please consider submitting a formal feature request to Zoom Support so that they can potentially get this added to the development roadmap!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

bstrelko

To the best of my knowledge, this is a fixed duration that cannot be modified.

Please consider submitting a formal feature request to Zoom Support so that they can potentially get this added to the development roadmap!

Hi @VeraITStaff welcome to the community! As @bstrelko stated, there is no modifications to my knowledge as to changing the duration of when the sharing key refreshes. However, there were several occasions Zoom Room will refresh the “Sharing Key”.

• From 1 AM to 6 AM every day when not in a meeting.

• If ZR stays idle for straight 12 hours.

• When a meeting ends.

• When a Local share meeting ends.

• When ZR gets notify from the web.

Hope this helps! 

We also highly encourage you to share your feedback to Zoom! Here is our documentation on Sending feedback to Zoom

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Hi @VeraITStaff welcome to the community! As @bstrelko stated, there is no modifications to my knowledge as to changing the duration of when the sharing key refreshes. However, there were several occasions Zoom Room will refresh the “Sharing Key”.

• From 1 AM to 6 AM every day when not in a meeting.

• If ZR stays idle for straight 12 hours.

• When a meeting ends.

• When a Local share meeting ends.

• When ZR gets notify from the web.

Hope this helps! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!