cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Rooms Controller—What's different between Release from Room and Remove from Zoom?

willwill
Participant
Participant

Hi, I have some questions about this:

1. Why do I log in to ZRC with my account, and there are more control options displayed, like Upgrade OS、Upgrade Zoom Rooms、Rename、Release from Room、Remove from Zoom. But, When I log in to ZRC with my Actication Code, just one option there: Remove from Zoom.

2. I really can't understand the difference between Release from Room and Remove from Zoom, can anyone explain it?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TomO
Community Champion | Employee

Hi Will,

1.   If you log into the controller with your personal account but it's not part of a room it may be because it thinks it's a Personal Zoom Room. With the Activation Code it's tied to the specific Room.

2.  Release from Room moves the controller to Unassigned. You can then assign it to a room in the device list. Remove from Zoom removes the device completely.

TomO_0-1646933162439.png

TomO_1-1646933756004.png

TomO_2-1646933890759.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TomO

Hi Will,

1.   If you log into the controller with your personal account but it's not part of a room it may be because it thinks it's a Personal Zoom Room. With the Activation Code it's tied to the specific Room.

2.  Release from Room moves the controller to Unassigned. You can then assign it to a room in the device list. Remove from Zoom removes the device completely.

TomO_0-1646933162439.png

TomO_1-1646933756004.png

TomO_2-1646933890759.png

jefrancisco4

Hi @willwill! You have some responses to your discussion worth noting. Have any of these answered your question? If so, don’t forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution!

willwill
Participant
Participant

Hi,  TomO and Jefrancisco!

Thanks so much, the response really help me!

Have a good day!