cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete voicemails

tgraham
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have a user that cannot delete voicemails.

If you select Delete All, he will receive a message that says something like,

"certain voicemails cannot be deleted due to admin restrictions".

What restriction is causing this and where can it be set so this does not happen to him?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee

Hello @tgraham 

Welcome to the Zoom Community! We're glad to have you here.

You can check out this article on how to change voicemail settings on your organization. 

Have a great day!

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

tgraham
Newcomer
Newcomer

Well that would be a solution except that has already been checked. All settings are set to 'Allow'.

The Zoom app says some messages are deleted but other cannot be deleted due to admin restrictions. Also I would note that this user is actually an admin.

MGSR

We're sorry for the inconvenience. Please submit a ticket for further troubleshooting with our backend support. 

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hiren
Zoom Partner
Zoom Partner

I am having a same issue, Did you find the solution?

For us it was a permissions issue. For any user that needs to manage/delete emails they need to have permissions to do so. In our specific case the user was a part of the auto-receptionist group and those were the messages he could not delete. The solution was to have a logged in administrator go to Admin>AutoReceptionists>MainAutoReceptionist>Policy>AccessMemberList.  By default the tab 'Extensions' is selected. Using the breadcrumbs at far right, Select Edit. In there you can see the different permissions for the user.  Now, here is where the Zoom interface is a bit broken. IF you look next to the 'Extensions' tab you will see, 'Admin'. The users listed under there, at least in my case, all had the ability to access/download/delete/play. But even so, the user in question could still do none of that until assigned those same rights under 'Extensions'.

Thank you so much  It worked