cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Install Zoom with Windows 7 Ultimate

jackhicks121
Newcomer
Newcomer
I'm trying to install Zoom on my old PC, which is running Windows 7 Ultimate. Every time I attempt the installation, it either fails midway or the app won’t launch after installation is complete. Has anyone successfully installed Zoom on a similar setup? Are there specific Zoom versions or workarounds that are compatible with older systems like mine? I'd really appreciate any suggestions or advice! Thanks in advance for your help!
2 REPLIES 2

jackhicks121
Newcomer
Newcomer

Just to provide more details:

• My PC has an Intel i3 processor (Intel SR05Y)
  • 4GB DDR3 RAM
  • 256 GB HDD

It’s a pretty old setup, and I’m not sure if the hardware or the OS (Windows 7 Ultimate) is causing the problem with Zoom. Could it be an issue with outdated drivers, or does Zoom have specific requirements that my system doesn’t meet?

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but still no luck. Any guidance on how to get Zoom running smoothly on this older machine would be great. Thanks!

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi jackhicks121,

you should be installing zoom workplace desktop app version 5.17.11. 

you may want to try cleanzoom to remove any bad install.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the Zoom application

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0065146

The Zoom desktop app will no longer be supporting Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1 with the 6.0.0 release. Version 5.17.11 will be the last version available for these operating systems.

Zoom system requirements: Windows, macOS, Linux

Zoom workplace desktop installers include:

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0060407

these are the requirements for the zoom web app and web client.

Zoom system requirements: Zoom Web App and web client

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot