Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from Workplace Pro and Zoom Phone Unlimited to Pro Plus

avsystems
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi Community,

Can anyone tell me whether anyone at Zoom is capable of consolidating my existing Workplace Pro and Phone Unlimited US & Canada subscriptions into a single Pro Plus subscription?

It has taken the combined efforts of Zoom's Billing, Sales, and Technical Support teams eighteen days, three tickets, and 4 phone calls and counting to essentially tell me:

"Well, you can do this yourself if you want. Since you can't subscribe to Pro Plus yourself while you have existing subscriptions, all you have to do is fully cancel all your plans, wait almost a month for them to fully expire, subscribe to Pro Plus at that point, and then immediately file a support case with Technical Support to see if they can maybe get your phone numbers back, since you will immediately lose them once your plans fully expire. There's no guarantee you'll be able to get them back anyway, even with Technical Support's help. But you should talk to Technical Support/Sales/Billing anyway, since Technical Support/Sales/Billing is the wrong team for this. We don't actually care, bye."

Everyone at Zoom across these three teams so far has ignored my actual request, which is to simply switch my plans and port my numbers over to Pro Plus for me, since I'm obviously not going to risk my numbers by doing it myself - that's asinine. If Zoom is actually incapable of doing this, no one has had the courtesy to actually tell me it's not possible. Instead, I keep getting referred to other teams in a circle.

One rep made up a "reference number" that she didn't actually create. (No other reps have been able to find it). Another rep promised me a call from "Harold", an "account exective" who never called, and who probably doesn't exist. Why all the lying?

I had heard horror-movie stories about Zoom, but I had to had to experience it for myself before I realized it was anywhere near this bad. Is everything OK over there?

(At least this hasn't been consequence-free for Zoom. I know I'm too small a fish for Zoom to care, but I informed my first client about this experience, and it convinced them not to move over to Zoom Phone themselves - that's two seats and two numbers they'll never see. I'll be warning the rest of my clients away if I still don't have an answer in a month's time, which is way too generous).

What an embarrassment.

0 REPLIES 0