cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Presence Status using Iphone App almost always "Online"

MrStrategy

Hey all,

While we are Zoom WebConferencing users since years, we're transferring more of our services from Cisco Jabber to Zoom. Today we're already using WebConferencing, Presence (incl. Outlook) and TeamChat.

Now my findings on Zoom presence status:

- Zoom presence works really well if you're a desktop / laptop client only user.
If you're away from keyboard it turns absent and if you turn it off it turns off. Also it gives you a persistent OoO status.

- If you have the desktop app & the mobile app (IOS) the mobile app takes control once the status would turn away of off. It sets the status automatically to "online mobile". It is a don't care if the mobile app is opened or closed.

- If you explicitly set the status in the desktop app (e.g OoO) this status remains active even if you shutdown the desktop app. But once you open the zoom mobile client the status turns "online mobile" and stays "online mobile" even when I close the app again.

- If you open the zoom mobile app and explicitly set a status like "away" this new status is active. But once you close the app (send to background, not even fully close) the status turns "online mobile" again.

So basically a user of the zoom mobile app is "always on".
And if you're going to use the outlook plugin on top you can't even see the user is on mobile. It looks like this user is simply online...

In our company the whole management team is always online due to this and it makes the presence status almost unusable. You don't have a chance to see if a manager is simply of the PC on a working day, if he's just offline or even explicitly OoO, as you look into zoom mobile app from time to time and latest at this point your status is messed up.

Do we do anything wrong or is this actually the intended behavior?

Anything we can do to have a useful status handling?
My idea would be keeping the status of the desktop app (away, OoO, ...) unless the user explicitly opens the mobile app. While it is open the status is "online mobile" and once the app goes to backgroud / gets closed the status returns to the status initially set on desktop.

Help is well appreciated,

Matthias

0 REPLIES 0