cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported Number

Krichard
Newcomer
Newcomer

I recently ported a number from ATT to Zoom. After using Zoom we found we do not like it. I need to port my number back to my carrier because it is our business number and I have to keep it the same. Absolutely no one will talk to me on the phone because I don't pay for a live agent with my plan???????? Which is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I had several more things to troubleshoot with them after submitting a ticket and I have yet to get a call from anyone. So if anyone can tell me if it is possible to port my same number back to ATT and how to start this process. TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee

Welcome to the Zoom Community @Krichard! We sincerely appreciate your contribution to bringing up this issue and sharing it with the community. Such participation is highly encouraged, as it allows other users to provide solutions and assistance.

Below are the steps on how you can get your Zoom Phone account details that you can use to port your Americas and EMEA numbers.

1. Sign into the Zoom web portal.
    Notes:
    • If you are porting out EMEA phone numbers, follow the steps up to step 3.
    • If you are porting out US phone numbers, follow the steps up to step 7.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Account Management, then Account Profile. Take note of your Account Number.
  3. In the navigation menu, click Account Management, Billing, then Billing Contact. Take note of the following:
    • Company Name
    • First and Last Name
    • Address
  4. In the navigation menu, click Phone System Management then Company Info.
  5. Click Account Settings.
  6. Scroll to the Port-out Verification section.
  7. Click Change to view the port-out PIN.

Notes:

• Zoom does not require and provide Customer Service Records (CSR) to port away your numbers.
  • Some phone providers may require Customer Service Records (CSR), but this could be bypassed and is not mandatory.

You can read more in this article

Thank you, and have a fantastic day!

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MGSR

Welcome to the Zoom Community @Krichard! We sincerely appreciate your contribution to bringing up this issue and sharing it with the community. Such participation is highly encouraged, as it allows other users to provide solutions and assistance.

Below are the steps on how you can get your Zoom Phone account details that you can use to port your Americas and EMEA numbers.

1. Sign into the Zoom web portal.
    Notes:
    • If you are porting out EMEA phone numbers, follow the steps up to step 3.
    • If you are porting out US phone numbers, follow the steps up to step 7.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Account Management, then Account Profile. Take note of your Account Number.
  3. In the navigation menu, click Account Management, Billing, then Billing Contact. Take note of the following:
    • Company Name
    • First and Last Name
    • Address
  4. In the navigation menu, click Phone System Management then Company Info.
  5. Click Account Settings.
  6. Scroll to the Port-out Verification section.
  7. Click Change to view the port-out PIN.

Notes:

• Zoom does not require and provide Customer Service Records (CSR) to port away your numbers.
  • Some phone providers may require Customer Service Records (CSR), but this could be bypassed and is not mandatory.

You can read more in this article

Thank you, and have a fantastic day!

Mark
Zoom Community Team

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi krichard,

With regard to a live agent, you can have calls to your zoom phone answered by you or one of your staff.  this is standard practice.  you also have the option for incoming calls after normal working hours to route the calls to voice mail.

happy to help.

thanks,  eliot

MGSR

Hi @Krichard 

Did you see the previous responses?
If any of it has resolved your inquiry, please press the Accept as Solution.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Have a great day!

Mark
Zoom Community Team

MGSR

Hi @Krichard,

Given the time elapsed since we last heard from you, I've taken the liberty of marking the provided answer as the solution.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Have a fantastic day!

Mark
Zoom Community Team