cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number diversion

Emma2
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello How do i divert my number from existing provider to my zoom number while awaiting porting to be completed.

5 REPLIES 5

gaurav_singhal
Newcomer
Newcomer

You will need to assign a temporary number to your target user/phone in Zoom Phone and then have your number with the existing provider forwarded to this temporary DID. Hope this helps!

Thanks Guarav,
I discussed  this with my zoom contact before porting my number to zoom and they advised i get a number as you advised which I did, got to my office today and I could not receive any calls, my provided said this is because they have ported my number to zoom, all efforts to reach zoom failed, and my business could not receive any phone call today. 
How do I get zoom to divert my calls to the temporary number as I cannot reach them and the online support could not give any solution.
I will appreciate any help. 
Regards 

Emma,

If the number has already ported into Zoom, you no longer need the temporary number. You should be able to  see the number in your admin portal under unassigned numbers and assign it wherever you want it to ring from there. 
If the number has not ported yet, Zoom doesn't have any visibility on it. You would have to set up the forward to the temporary number from your existing phone system or through your existing carrier. 
Hope this helps!

-Fred

Thanks a lot Fred,

I called my formal provider and they confirmed they have ported to zoom, they even sent me confirmation email, but the number is not on my portal yet. Though this was Friday evening in Australia, may be it will affect the process but i am just concerned about Monday morning, I lost the whole of Friday with no calls to my business and does not want the same to happen on Monday. Is there any other thing i can do? Do i need to buy another license in readiness for the ported number before it can appear as i have used the 2 licenses i have for the temporary numbers.

fred_j
Newcomer
Newcomer

If you submitted the port request through the portal, you should be able to see the port request with a  status of the port on the ported numbers tab of the phone numbers page. Once the number ports in, it should show up in the unassigned tab. If you're not seeing it there, you may need to open a ticket with them so they can look into it. You can replace the temporary number on the license with the permanent, but I believe you have to tell them that as part of the port request. If that's the case, they should be able to straighten it. Here's where you can open a ticket, if you haven't found it yet. Submit a request - Zoom help center