Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Recording - Local?

AssafEO
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi Zoom Community --

My company is an authorized Social Security partner, providing services to benefits recipients. We can only store Personally Identifiable Information (including call recordings) on local machines or encrypted in the cloud. It doesn't look like Zoom provides these options for call recordings (unlike meetings & webinars that can be stored locally). 

Are you aware of any solution / add-on that would allow us to store recorded Zoom calls locally?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

colegs
Community Champion | Employee

@AssafEO - All recordings, video and audio/phone, are encrypted at rest when stored in the Zoom cloud.  There are also on-premise solutions if your entire company wants to store data locally (or to set up back-up solutions), but the recording to the cloud is the easiest and most effective way to solve your problem.

@colegs - thanks for getting back on this issue. It's great news that cloud recordings are encrypted. I looked for documents mentioning or describing Zoom Phone recording encryption for our security assessment but couldn't locate. Can you point me at any docs? 

colegs

I am not aware of a specific document (although I am sure it is out there somewhere), but it can be extrapolated from the August 20, 2023 release notes where the encryption was enhanced, and the breakdown of data that can user Customer Managed Keys as an alternative to standard Zoom keys for encryption.