cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zoom freezes when stopping screen sharing on linux

petrelharp
Explorer
Explorer

I am running the latest zoom (6.2.5.2440) on the latest Debian (sid; using Wayland). This has been working fine, but recently when I *stop* sharing my screen (either the whole screen or one window), zoom freezes - immediately, when I click "stop share". The connection remains for some time - I can talk to the other person, and they can see my video (but my shared screen is frozen) - but after a few minutes zoom completely freezes. I have to manually kill zoom. I haven't figured out how to get any error messages out of it either.

This basically makes zoom unusable for me. Luckily, I'm not teaching a class right now.

Any suggestions how to debug this? Is this an issue that the developers are aware of?

4 REPLIES 4

OctoJust

Another data point: I started seeing this upgrading from Ubuntu 24.04 -> 24.10. Same Zoom version `6.0.12 (5501)` so seems likely to be a Wayland issue

superjojo140

I have exactly the same Problem on Arch linux with KDE and Wayland

Spoiler
Operating System: Arch Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 6.1.3
KDE Frameworks Version: 6.4.0
Qt Version: 6.7.2
Kernel Version: 6.10.3-arch1-2 (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland
Zoom:  6.2.3-1

CT_Osmind

Same on Ubuntu 24.10 with Zoom version 6.2.3 (2056)

OverclockedAtom

Same issue on Fedora 40 I had the exact symptoms of OP. I grabbed the latest version (2440) and did a full reinstall with a download from the site and not the fedora app store (more recent on site than repos in fedora) not keeping any settings and it appears to work fine now when stopping screen sharing