Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unstable network connection and low band width messages

diane9
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello

I have recently changed internet provider, but am still getting the following 2 messages;

'Low band width' and 'unstable network connection' when I first log into a meeting as host.  I am also on mute when I haven't changed anything.  

Is this a Zoom/settings issue or is still to do with my internet??

Many Thanks for your advice

7 REPLIES 7

Bsmith0411
Zoom Partner
Zoom Partner

I have the same issue. Tried everything that was suggested but still get the messages and very unstable zoom sessions. Did you find a solution 

Same issue here.  I have even tried connecting with an ethernet cable.  I really need help!! I posted a different post with no response.

I had the same issue. It is not your provider.  I Tried everything obvious too. Took my chrome book to geek squad and he told me that due to zoom “improvements” this year, low end processors will be unstable.  It requires a minimum of i3 processor and 8gb ram. I bought a new Chromebook with i5 processor and 8gb ram a

It is not your provider.  Due to zoom “improvements” this year, low end processors will be unstable.  It requires a minimum of i3 processor and 8gb ram. I bought a new Chromebook with i5 processor and 8gb ram and network us now stable.

Bsmith0411
Zoom Partner
Zoom Partner

I had the same issue. It is not your provider.  I Tried everything obvious too. Took my chrome book to geek squad and he told me that due to zoom “improvements” this year, low end processors will be unstable.  It requires a minimum of i3 processor and 8gb ram. I bought a new Chromebook with i5 processor and 8gb ram and this resolved the issue of an unstable network.

May I ask what device you bought?  It’s so frustrating as my Chromebook isn’t even a year old! 

Bsmith0411
Zoom Partner
Zoom Partner

Minimum of i3 processor and 8gb ram is now required due to zoom “improvements”.  I bought an i5 w/8gb ram. Problem solved.