Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i'm not a host when the meeting i'm create

sagi84
Newcomer
Newcomer

hi

when i'm schedule a meeting with students, apperently i'm not the host, so i can't record lesson (those are meeting that i created).

just to mention that when i'm "host a meeting" at the shortcut, everything is good.

this happend to me twice, why is that?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Bort
Community Champion | Employee
Community Champion | Employee

It could be that you are joining the meeting, but not being officially recognized as the host. Please check to ensure you are signed-in to the correct Zoom user profile on the desktop client. As long as the user profile used to schedule the meeting matches the user profile signed-in to the desktop client match, then it should recognize you as the host. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

I know this is an old thread, but this just happened to me today (a very important meeting), launching the meeting from the calendar URL, which opened my fully-updated client which was logged in to Zoom with the correct email address (the only one I ever use). But I was not the meeting host, and the "claim host" button in the meeting did nothing.
Fortunately, no one else had joined yet, so I was able to end the meeting and login to the web account and edit the settings. Everything looked OK, so --as a backup-- I set myself as a meeting co-host, saved changes, then I started the meeting from within the web interface, and I was then the host, as expected. 
This was really scary, especially since it was absolutely essential the meeting was recorded. 
I wanted to add to this discussion to make sure it was known that this DOES happen, and I am an eight-plus year Zoom Pro user and account admin, so I know what I am doing. 
I understand that glitches happen, but the system should be smart enough to proactively assign a valid host in the event it hasn't recognized that at the start of the meeting-- something like "there's no recognized host, but the person who is in the meeting matches the person who owns the meeting, so assign host to that person immediately."
Thanks for listening.