cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom should stop stealing focus when joining a call or when someone shares their screen.

lesathAndy
Newcomer
Newcomer

I would like Zoom to not steal focus at ANY time in Windows 10 Pro. This includes when Zoom is starting up, when joining a meeting, and when someone starts sharing their screen.

By that I mean, if I'm working on a document, Zoom will take away focus and "steal" keystrokes from the document I'm currently working in. This is very frustrating and should not happen at all.

2 REPLIES 2

ct715
Newcomer
Newcomer

especially when it happens 4+ times because you get the call (steals focus), you answer the call (steals focus), you are put in the waiting room (steals focus), and then you are admitted to the meeting (steals focus). And then it steals focus again whenever anyone shares their screen.

I cannot for the life of me understand why its an option to turn this off for phone calls but not video calls.

aaaaaargh
Newcomer
Newcomer

Just to add, this is not only frustrating, but also dangerous because of keyboard shortcuts. The command associated to the shortcut can end up being received by Zoom instead of the intended application.

I find it incredible that in 2024, this long-requested option has not been added yet.