cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom meeting not recorded

fkzoom
Newcomer
Newcomer

Posting here because this stupid company only offers customer support to paying customers which is f***ing ridiculous. I paid $120 dollars for a lesson that I wanted to record to watch back later. When I was in the meeting I hit record, the organizer was sharing their screen and I saw them click accept. So I figured it was recording. But apparently, Zoom thought it was a good idea to make you have to click record again which makes no f***ing sense. I checked my account and the recording isn't there. I know for a fact Zoom is storing these meetings somewhere within their own cloud even though it won't be in my account. Does anyone know how I can contact them to request the recording even though I'm on a free account? 

5 REPLIES 5

RN

Hi @fkzoom welcome to the community, and sorry for your bad experiences with attempting to recording your meeting!

May I ask, were you the host of the meeting or just a participant? I ask because if you were not the host, and you initiated a cloud recording, that cloud recording will be on the Hosts Account; therefore, you would need to reach out to the Host to share the recording with you. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

I was the participant. So you're saying the organizer will have the recording in their cloud recordings even if they didn't click record (they just clicked accept) and they are also on a free account? I thought cloud recordings were behind a paywall. Thanks

Gotcha @fkzoom my apologies, correct. In-order to have the ability to cloud record the host would need to be a licensed user. 

Here is my experience from a participant being only able to record locally which should be your experience.  

From your side of things if being a basic/free user you would see you have the ability to 'record on this computer'. 

record to this computer pro licensed host.PNG

With that being said, unless the Host has given you permissions beforehand to record, you will need to request for recording permissions from the host, then initiate the Local recording from your end. 

Host view giving permissions to local record 

Screenshot 2023-08-16 at 10.17.54 AM.png

From there, whether you leave the meeting without stopping the recording, or stop the recording then leave the meeting - after leaving, you will get prompt'd with the recording conversion process. 

coverting after leaving.PNG

After the conversion process is done, a window will open with converted recording files! If you don't know the file location, within the Zoom desktop client go to the Meetings Tab > Recorded and you should see the local recording, with the file location. 

location windows local recording.png

Here is also more info on Finding and viewing local recordings, let me know if you have success! 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Thanks for the screenshots. The host allowed me to record, I figured him doing that would initiate the recording. I don't see how it makes sense how I would then need to click record again. That is just an awful UX and I bet this has happened countless times to other people, this should be addressed. These calls have to be stored by Zoom for quality assurance purposes, no? There has to be a way I can get that recording, I paid a lot of money for a lesson that I now cannot watch again because of a bad UX.

@fkzoom that's correct, and this is excellent feedback; thank you I will share this with internal folks here! Unfortunately, local recordings are only stored on the participant's device and located with the set path file where you store your recordings.

More info on Troubleshooting local recording issues whether there was an invalid path of where the recording was stored on your local desktop, conversion process, etc., some useful information as well. 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his