cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom meeting invite sent out through personal gmail account not work email account

User2023
Newcomer
Newcomer

This is insane. I spent half a day on this but I couldn't fix it.

My Zoom Account is a work email. But, when I sent out a meeting invitation, it took me to my Google account, and ended up using my personal Gmail. The work email is through outlook 365. The work email is a default email with Outlook as well.

This is operated on a Mac with a default browser Safari. How did it take to Google account in the first place? 

Then, I checked the calendar setting. I tried "Outlook" calendar, and it did not work. It takes me to a window to "import file". What is that??? Then, I tried "Other" and it took me to Mac's calendar but still couldn't send out an email. 

I didn't have this issue until today. I did not change any settings and don't know why it stopped working. 

Zoom is incompatible with one of them, Mac, Outlook or Calendar.

Please help and let me know what's wrong with Zoom!

Carrie

3 REPLIES 3

RichardOz
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi 2023
I have the same problem here in Melbourne, Australia, whereby when I choose to email an invitation from a particular email address in Outlook, it reverts to and sends from the Zoom default email which is different and unrelated.  The Zoom default email, I believe, is the one I gave when joining and setting up Zoom at the start.  It does not show in my account profile and for the likes of me, I can't fix it, no matter how hard I have tried to find a solution.  Yes.  Absolutely insane.  Unless you have found a solution that is, and if so, I would love to hear what it is.   RM

ZoomMate
Zoom Partner
Zoom Partner

Hi,

Here below some troubleshoot task can be done:

Check Account Settings in Outlook:
Open Outlook on your Mac.
Go to Preferences > Accounts.
Ensure your work email is set as the default account.
Verify the Teams Add-in:
In Outlook, go to Tools > Add-ins.
Make sure the Microsoft Teams Meeting Add-in for Microsoft Office is enabled.
Create Meetings Directly from Teams:
Open the Microsoft Teams app.
Schedule your meeting directly from Teams, then copy the meeting link and paste it into your Outlook invite.
Update Office:
Ensure your Office apps are up to date. Go to Help > Check for Updates in any Office app.
Clear Cache:
Sometimes clearing the cache can resolve issues. Go to Finder > Go > Go to Folder and type ~/Library/Caches. Find the Outlook folder and delete it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, can do Unbind ur personal account and add it later.

Thank you!
zoommate.io

Thanks for your prompt response ZoomMate
Unfortunately I could not follow your instructions to fix options as I am PC, not Mac, so I could not find some of the various links you spoke of.  Also, I'm not clear what relevance Microsoft Teams has when my problem is with Zoom.
Are you saying the problem is in Outlook settings, not Zoom settings?