cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice feedback within Zoom calls

JohnProbert
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am getting a sort of voice feedback on my Zoom calls, but it appears only to happen when there is one other specific person on the call. Today I had a Zoom call with this person (call her A) and one other (B). Throughout my time on the call I could hear distorted segments of my voice conversation feeding back. Both A and B could hear it too. Neither A nor B experienced anything with their voices, which I think is a key point.

When A left the call, this stopped happening between B amd myself. It seems to happen on all calls in which A is involved, but never when she isn't. What makes no sense to me is that I set up the Zoom call, not A, but A's presence in the call appears to create this feedback effect, which affects me only.

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1

pieterbotes
Community Champion | Employee
Community Champion | Employee

Hi @JohnProbert 

It sounds like you are describing echo which can happen in certain instances.  It actually makes total sense that this will disappear when (A) leaves the call as the feedback/echo is normally happening because a specific person on the call has a problem.  It normally doesn't have anything todo with the meeting itself.   The following article describes this and some troubleshooting that can be done but there really is a fair amount that it could be on (A)'s setup that could be causing this.

Managing audio echo in a meeting – Zoom Help Center

You can also just ask (A) to change to a different mic or even speakers just to see if that solves the issue.

Thanks!