cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual background option is missing

uscpsycho
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am using the Zoom web client and when I go to my video settings, I don't have a virtual background option. All I have are the masked backgrounds and an option to mirror my video.

According to this link and this link the system requirement for virtual backgrounds is 4 real cores or 2 cores with 4 threads. My processor (i5-1135G7) has 4 cores and 8 threads.

I have tried in Chrome and tried on the PWA. I have tried signing out and back in. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

It. Is. Not. There. 

Why?

4 REPLIES 4

uscpsycho
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have also tried it with hardware acceleration turned on and off in the settings. And I have tried all the video rendering methods.

MGSR

Hello @uscpsycho 

You would need to use a Zoom Desktop Client. 
You may also refer to this link: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0064608

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Please have a look at the links I provided.

Virtual backgrounds are available on Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, PWA and Web client.

So yes, I do need further assistance. 

Thank you.

Samsungtabs6lit
Newcomer
Newcomer

Yes actually I am trying again and again. I have the same tab samsung galaxy s6 lite android. For me the virtual background option is not showing at all,but my version is 6.0.10 (21967) pls help. And I also clicked on this link still I didn't get.