Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Invite via Outlook

Burlington_74
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi!

First time posting -

I have forever always sent the Zoom invite I created via Outlook.  I just went to send an invite and clicked on ALWAYS send the invite via the NEW Outlook.  I do not want to do this, it was clicked in error.  How do I undo this?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for getting back to me!

Try this:

On a Windows machine, navigate to default apps, search for .ics, change it to legacy Outlook.

CarlaA_0-1710167367660.jpeg

Let me know if that works!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

mhbunting
Newcomer
Newcomer

Would love an answer to this question as well.

CarlaA

Hi @Burlington_74 thank you for posting to the Zoom Community for the first time! 

Do you currently schedule through the client with Outlook set as the calendar service?

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Hi CarlaA!

I think what you're asking ... when I set up a meeting with a client, I like to send the invite out via the "Add to- Outlook Calendar" option only.  This provides them with the invite and puts it directly into my and their calendars- very easy and efficient.  With the NEW Outlook it does not do this and I cannot figure out how to proceed. 

Thank you! 

Thank you for getting back to me!

Try this:

On a Windows machine, navigate to default apps, search for .ics, change it to legacy Outlook.

CarlaA_0-1710167367660.jpeg

Let me know if that works!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Hi - I have this same question.  I would like to click a button to automatically add a meeting invitation off of the Zoom account I am logged into when I click on my calendar to create a meeting invitation.  

I followed the steps you shared above but it did not work.

When I search for applications I see 

Outlook and Outlook (new)

I click on Outlook and then the third row is .ics Outlook iCalendar file.

Then I select Outlook as the default.  I closed out of outlook, restarted my Windows machine, but it still didn't give me the ability to link my Zoom account to my Outlook.

Any ideas what I'm missing?

Burlington_74
Newcomer
Newcomer

Carla!  You did it!  Thank you very much, it worked!  Much appreciated!

TK45
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have a similar problem, my Zoom invite appears, I enter the email addresses press send and it seems to go but then vanishes and nobody receives it. I've sent to my other personal email address  to test and  don't receive  it. No sending failed message either so assume Zoom is still linkning to the old Outlook. In Microsoft Apps only New Outlook shows up now. How can i link New Outlook to Zoom?