cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing Specific Screens

EFinNC

Is there a way to restore the ability to share specific screens (e.g. Screen 1, Screen 2) in the current version of Zoom Workplace? This is an absolutely crucial feature that has been removed in recent versions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for prompting me to look into web settings, @jdott15. 'Allow Desktop Sharing' was turned off. After enabling it, individual screens are back. Problem solved! Thank you again.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

jdott16
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

Hello @EFinNC 

Would you be able to specify more clearly what is missing? I am on a Mac and on version 6.2.4 of Zoom Workplace and when I go to share, I have options to share 'Desktop 1' or 'Desktop 2'. Is this what you are looking for? If not, please provide more details as to what you are missing when you are going to share specific screens. Thank you.

Thank you for your response, jdott16.
It may or may not be what I'm referring to. If 'Desktop' is referring to virtual desktops, no. Zoom used to allow users with multiple monitors to select a specific monitor to share. That is what I am looking for.

Hello @EFinNC 

I am referring to the screens that are available to me to share. So, desktop 1 is my Mac screen, Desktop 2 and 3 are both my external monitors. I'm able to share these monitors. I have attached a screenshot so you can see what I see

Screenshot 2024-10-14 at 10.48.17 AM.png

Further, I would recommend reviewing the following article which addresses this topic at length: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0060596 I would review your Web settings for sharing screen, as well as your Zoom Workplace Desktop App settings for sharing screen to make sure that everything is looking correct.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,
Jake

Thank you @jdott16. I certainly will take a look at that. What your screenshot shows is exactly what I used to have with Windows Zoom, except that they were labeled Screen 1, Screen 2.

Thank you for prompting me to look into web settings, @jdott15. 'Allow Desktop Sharing' was turned off. After enabling it, individual screens are back. Problem solved! Thank you again.

Hello @EFinNC 

I am glad that you were able to find the web setting which resolved the issue! I hope you have a good day and thank you for choosing Zoom!

Thank you,
Jake