cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STudents cannot join my regular meeting sessions via Zoom

skyword
Participant
Participant

This morning for the first time my students cannot use their passcode that they normally use to join my sessions.  They do not even show up in the participant screen at all.  On their end it shows that I am already in a meeting.  I have more kids soon...anyone have some ideas?  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

marafinom
Contributor I
Contributor I

If they are seeing that you're already in the meeting, there likely is a waiting room on the meeting. While in the meeting, go to Host Tools > Enable/Disable waiting room to turn it off. Conversely, you can let your students enter the meeting from the waiting room under the Participants area. 

Hope this helps!

JenLiss
Newcomer
Newcomer

We are also having issues with students who are unable to join calls using the regular passcode. Many have had to try the passcode multiple times and finally got "lucky" while others can't get in at all. It is the same passcode we've been using - it's just suddenly troublesome. This began with the update that was pushed recently. Any ideas? 

Mary73
Explorer
Explorer

We typically embed the passcode to avoid any confusion. Additional we send reminders for all our Zoom meetings using Salepager (a Zoom app) that includes all the relevant information including passcodes, phone numbers, links to make it easy to join the meeting.