cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music Teacher’s Audio Being Suppressed

Macs66

Hi folks,

Windows 11 and Zoom (6.2.0)both on latest versions, both on teacher’s system and my own. I am on ASUS Laptop around a year old.

Original sound for musicians both enabled. He can hear me play without any issue, however I cannot hear him clearly. Within a few notes it sounds as though noise suppression kicks in and I hear nothing of his playing. I am not playing along with him and there is no speaking while he/I play. I am using computer audio. We have tried every combination of both Zoom options and Windows system options without success. It feels as though there is something very basic awry. We continued the lesson utilising my iPhone iOS 17.6.1 with full functionality both sides. 

Any guidance would be most gratefully received. Many thanks in advance👍🏻

1 REPLY 1

stueker
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

Hello @Macs66 ,

In general, if both users have original sound enabled, but you cannot hear your teacher (while the teacher hears you) the problem probably might very well be with your teacher's computer/laptop/device.

Different hardware vendors have noise suppression, beam-forming or other audio processing technology enabled on their audio recording hardware. And this is outside Zoom's control.

When you say, you are now working with your iPhone, what hardware is your teacher using? Are you both using an iPhone now? Or is the teacher continuing to use his regular hardware, but suddenly you can hear him, even though he continues to use the same hardware?