Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone cutting out for 5 seconds Windows 11

thedr9wningman
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi all:

My old computer stuttered when I used video, so I thought that it was a problem with the computer. It had a AMD processor that wasn't the greatest. So, this weekend, I bought a shiny, new Intel Core 7 with and ARC graphics card, 16GB of RAM, and the whole shebang.

I start up my computer on Monday, I join Zoom Workplace after getting it configured and... 

"I can't hear you."
"I missed that part." 
"What did you say."

As a remote worker, this is horrible. I don't want to buy yet another computer--it is clearly a problem with Zoom. 

Here's what I've tried:

Testing the audio--It often cuts out when I do this.
Changing the microphone--I have Beats ear buds, I have a mic on the computer. The computer mic seems to work better. But not always. 
Changing the audio settings--I gave it a voiceprint because it seems that the background noise is really gating me out, and that is often how it seems. Whatever audio profile I use, I have this problem, but the personalized audio isolation seems to work the best. But it doesn't fix the problem. 

My defaults are set to automatically join audio. 

I spend all of my meetings now just looking at the audio feedback indicator to see if I'm heard. 

I'm wracking my brain trying to solve this issue. It's driving me absolutely crazy. My windows 11 is updated to the latest version; I spent the first few days updating it. I downloaded Zoom Workplace from the MS store on the 29th of April 2024 the same day I bought my HP Envy. 

0 REPLIES 0