cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Install Issue - DisableAutoLaunchSSO=1 Not Working

listerd

Hi Everyone,

Hope all is well.

I'm a sys admin, and I'm trying to write an install script that will install Zoom (windows MSI x64) with specific settings using the switches that Zoom provides here. All of the switches work except for one, which is vital.

Essentially, I'm trying to do the following with my script:

• Prefill the company domain field in Zoom with our org's domain
    • Used zSSOHost = "<org>" - This worked without issue
  • Use embedded browser to launch SSO auth window
    • Used zRecommended="EnableEmbedBrowserForSSO=1" - This worked without issue
  • Default to SSO login upon launch (So that the user is prompted with "Sign in with SSO" window upon launch)
    • Used "zRecommend="AutoSSOLogin=1" which causes the SSO login window to auto launch
  • Disable SSO login window from autolaunching (this is where I'm having problems)
    • Used "zRecommend="DisableAutoLaunchSSO=1" which doesn't seem to do anything at all - upon launch, Zoom still automatically launches the SSO authentication window, and when embedded browser is enabled (above), there's no way to back out of it without completing authentication and signing out. It successfully creates the registry value after running the script (HKLM\SOFTWARE\ZoomUMX\PerInstall\value name: disableautolaunchsso | value data: 1). I've also tried zConfig = "DisableAutoLaunchSSO" but it still doesn't do what I'm expecting it to do, which is suppress the autolaunch of the SSO login window. 
  • Side note: I also tried replacing "zRecommend="AutoSSOLogin=1"  with zRecommend=`"kCmdParam_InstallOption=8 to see if it would set SSO login to default without auto-launching the SSO auth window, but it did the same thing as the AutoSSOLogin switch.

The main goal of configuring these settings is to have Zoom launch to the Sign in with SSO window, but without proceeding to the auth window until the user clicks "Continue". This is reportedly how it behaves in macOS with equivalent switches, so I'm hoping I can recreate that behavior in Windows. I understand that macOS and Windows are wildly different, but what's the point of the "DisableAutoLaunchSSO" switch if it doesn't do anything? If a different configuration is needed to achieve what I'm trying to do, I'd be all for it. 

Thanks in advance for any input you can provide!

0 REPLIES 0