cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line-In Audio Not Transmitting via Zoom on Windows 10 PC (anymore)

Alex_K
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello everyone,

I am facing an issue with transmitting audio through the newest Zoom Version from my Line-In input on my Windows 10 PC. While other audio sources, such as playing a video file via VLC, are being transmitted without any problems, the audio from my Line-In input is not being picked up by Zoom.

Here's what I have tried so far:

1. Zoom Audio Settings:

• Selected the correct input source in Zoom settings.
    • Enabled "Original Sound for Musicians and other professional audio sources."
  2. Windows Sound Settings:

• Made sure Line-In is selected as the default recording device.
    • Checked the volume levels and ensured the input is not muted.

This issue started occurring after a recent reinstallation of Zoom. Has anyone experienced a similar issue or have any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 REPLY 1

janthech1122
Newcomer
Newcomer

I understand the frustration of dealing with audio issues, especially when it worked fine before. Here are a few additional steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue with your Line-In input not being transmitted through Zoom:

Check Audio Device Configuration

1. Zoom Settings:

• Double-check that the correct input device is selected in Zoom.
    • Ensure "Original Sound for Musicians and other professional audio sources" is enabled.
    • Sometimes, switching the input device in Zoom settings to something else and then back to Line-In can reset the configuration.
  2. Windows Sound Settings:

• Open the Sound settings from the Control Panel.
    • Go to the "Recording" tab, right-click your Line-In device, and ensure it is set as the default device.
    • Check the properties of the Line-In device to make sure the levels are set correctly and that it’s not muted.

Additional Steps

1. Driver Update:

• Ensure that your audio drivers are up to date. You can check for updates through the Device Manager or the manufacturer’s website.
  2. Exclusive Mode Settings:

• In the properties of the Line-In device (under the "Advanced" tab), ensure that "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" is unchecked. Sometimes this setting can cause conflicts with applications like Zoom.
  3. Check for Interference:

• Ensure no other applications are using the Line-In input. Close any audio-related applications to ensure Zoom has exclusive access to the input.
  4. Reinstall Zoom:

• Since the issue started after a recent reinstallation, try uninstalling Zoom again, restart your PC, and then reinstall Zoom from the official website.

Community Assistance

You might find additional help and community suggestions on forums dedicated to audio troubleshooting or on Zoom’s own support pages. Sometimes issues like these are resolved with specific tweaks that others have already discovered.

Additional Resource

For those who might also need an efficient tool to convert audio files, you can check out this MP3 converter, which I found quite handy.