cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I keep receiving emails "Your account has used almost all the cloud recording" but I don't have any

hannahnibo
Newcomer
Newcomer

I keep receiving emails daily for the last month (june) saying "Your Zoom account has used almost all of the available cloud recording storage", but that's not true, I have a basic account so that means I can't record in the cloud, I can only record and save locally.

I did had a PRO account last month (may), but I stopped paying this month (june). I did use cloud recording, but when I stopped my membership, the emails notifying me that I have userd almost all of the available recording keep coming , DAILY!

I hate it how do I make the emails stop??? Help.

I can't go into cloud recordings to "delete" videos because I have a basic account, I can't see any recordings I only see this: https://i.imgur.com/oZmTCxb.png

I don't want to "block" the emails coming from zoom in gmail because I do want zoom notifications. I only want to stop being notified about ""Your Zoom account has used almost all of the available cloud recording storage""
I think it is a bug. I don't have cloud recording yet I keep reciving daily emails about it.

5 REPLIES 5

cradecki
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am having this issue as well. You can't call support or get online support because they don't care about non paying members. I do not want to delete my account, but that is the next step unless someone can help me out.

ElliottZoom
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have this issue too.

toomed0011
Newcomer
Newcomer

If you're receiving daily emails about your Zoom account's cloud recording storage, even though you have a basic account and no longer use cloud recording, you can take the following steps to address the issue:

1. Contact Zoom Support:

• Reach out to Zoom's support directly. They can investigate the issue on their end and provide specific assistance. You can typically find contact information on Zoom's official website or within your Zoom account settings.
  2. Check Account Settings:

• Log in to your Zoom account and check your account settings. Ensure that you have switched to the basic (free) plan, and verify that your cloud recording settings are disabled.
  3. Unsubscribe from Emails:

• In the email notifications you receive, look for an "unsubscribe" or "manage preferences" link usually located at the bottom of the email. Click on that link and adjust your notification preferences to stop receiving these specific emails.
  4. Update Email Preferences in Zoom Account:

• Log in to your Zoom account and navigate to your account settings. Look for email notification preferences or communication preferences. Adjust settings related to cloud recording notifications or general account notifications.
  5. Check Recurring Meetings:

• If you had cloud recordings associated with recurring meetings before downgrading to the basic plan, there might be a delay in the system recognizing the change. Verify that there are no active recurring meetings set to use cloud recording.
  6. Clear Browser Cache:

• Clear your browser cache and cookies. Sometimes, cached information may cause display or notification issues. After clearing the cache, log in again and check if the issue persists.
  7. Mark Emails as Spam:

• While you don't want to block all Zoom emails, marking these specific emails as spam might help your email provider recognize them as unwanted and filter them out of your inbox.
  8. Create a Gmail Filter:

• Create a Gmail filter to automatically archive or label these emails. While this won't stop them, it can help you manage them more effectively.
  9. Check for Zoom App Notifications:

• If you are using the Zoom app, check the app's notification settings to ensure that you are not receiving redundant notifications from there.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've gone through them and here's where I'm at:

1. Contact Zoom Support - As the OP stated, this is not possible with a Basic plan

2. Check Account Settings - I have definitely cancelled my subscription and I am back to a basic account. I do not see options anywhere to disable cloud recording myself. The cloud recording is disabled once you revert to a basic account (the cloud recording page lets me know that I do not have this option)

3. Unsubscribe from Emails - there is no unsubscribe option in the email that is sent to me, and it comes from a no-reply address. There is no email preferences management option in the email.

4. Update Email Preferences in Zoom Account - I have yet to find where the email preferences options are in my Zoom account. If anyone can tell me where this is please do.

5. Check Recurring Meetings - I do not have and never had recurring meetings.

6. Clear Browser Cache - I will keep this in mind as an option.

7. Mark Emails as Spam - I will keep this in mind as an option. At this point, they essentially are spam. I am even wondering if this is on purpose as a tactic to get me to pay for a pro subscription again!!!

8. Create a Gmail Filter - I will keep this in mind as an option.

9. Check for Zoom App Notifications - There are no email notification settings within the app.

I think what this really comes down to is a glitch in the email system for the Zoom accounts. As soon as I click on the button in the email to "Manage Recordings" it takes me to an error page stating that I do not have a paid plan so I can't access it. Zoom needs to look into this and it is super frustrating that as a basic user I can't even notify them of the issue because they do not provide support for basic users!

Aerialangel
Newcomer
Newcomer

I came to sign up to the community to ask this question specifically. I am in the exact same situation as you described!

I get the email DAILY and it is so frustrating!

The post above has some options I have not tried yet, but the Zoom support option is not relevant because as a now basic member I am unable to receive support for the product.

Very upsetting.

I'll come back to let you know if anything works as a solution.