cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I DON'T WANT ZOOM WORKPLACE - how do I turn it off?

drecdevine
Participant
Participant

I went into my Zoom today, which I use for personal reasons to stay in touch with family. I opened on my desktop, per usual, signed in, and it immediately took me to "Zoom Workplace" and all my scheduled meetings were gone. I had to go onto Zoom's website and login to my account there in order to find them. 

I do not want Zoom workplace.  I do not want to be charged for Zoom workplace. I don't want to have to sign in through the website. If I find out I'm being charged extra for a service I neither wanted nor use, I'm cancelling my account and moving to another online meeting platform. 

Does anyone know how to switch back, or have experienced this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!! Your recurring meetings are NOT GONE! In the meetings tab look at the very bottom of the window and you will see a link that says "Recurring (XX)" (where XX is the number of recurring meetings).

Zoom Workplace is simply the latest version of Zoom and offers numerous features in part includes to manage chatting before, during, and after, scheduling, calendaring, starting, and editing meetings.

View solution in original post

135 REPLIES 135

Apparently getting zoom out of my email is not an option. I have been a customer long before COVID and I am sorry to say I will need to find an alternative to zoom. I really think this setup is very invasive and the only thing I can do about it is leave feedback. Which solves nothing.

ReluctantITGuy
Newcomer
Newcomer

It's a pity @storyhub  ignored your actual question. My customers are screaming bloody hell about it, and can't even start scheduled meetings because Zoom's PTB are trying to make it impossible to share(?)...

QA, focus groups and actual product management are dying off to benefit...? Profit?

lwrightson
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have spent hours trying to figure out how to use the so called "upgrade" called Workspace. For the past four years, I have had my zoom meeting list in my Apple Contacts and I simply sent an email to the "list" on my computer each week for the weekly meeting. However, my "list" disappeared from my Contacts on my computer (Did Zoom AI delete it?). What a poor migration of an unwanted upgrade. I pay for a subscription and for the past four years, it has been great. I don't need AI for this simple task. Zoom appears to adding features that don't interest my needs. I may be going back to FaceTime or Teams if this continues to be more complicated than necessary for my needs. I just want to hold my weekly discussion with 8 to 10 people (for years we did it with an 800# conference call...zoom added the image to the voice...but, surely they've made it more complicated than it needs to be.

Sandyg500
Explorer
Explorer

I think I've found the problem with non-recurring future meetings not showing up in the Meetings list! They are not gone, but there is a problem with the date range picker at the top of the meetings list. You can't expand it (mine is only showing one month). But if I go into the date picker and select the date of a known meeting (or any date), then that one day's meetings display.

This is really a bad bug that's showing up in the latest update (and hopefully they'll fix this SOON), but at least you know your meetings aren't gone, and you can get to them to be able to start them by accessing them this way. Hope this helps.

ReluctantITGuy
Newcomer
Newcomer

Apparently QA & focus groups for the PDMs is now the most expensive step in software dev, and can easily be ignored. Feed the masses to the forums, eh? 

Advice: If you can't take care of the big things, then you aren't taking care of the little things.

Something to remember: A proper release-one that causes no waves in the user community-is one that is actually thought out, and marketed/Advertised in advance to anticipate these objections and confusion. A release that looks half-*ss, with screaming customers, is a release that was not thought out, had no anticipation of user confusion, and increases animosity between product managers and user base-flooding the forums with negative sentiment.

Think that doesn't matter? People make monetary choices that directly contribute to all your salaries (yes, CEO too), and those choices are based on ratings, feedback, and user/support community sentiment. Your decision to ignore all of these things directly impacts your income, profits, opportunities for growth, and sale price in a parachute exit.

You are quite literally drilling holes in your own row boat.

What those of us that are business owners are curious about, is "Why you would willingly choose this path?"

Launcewit
Newcomer
Newcomer

Please provide a path to go back to "Classic Zoom"!  Zoom Workplace is a hot mess. 

I can't sync meetings between website, PC desktop app, and my calendars.  I can't recover my old recurring meetings that had invite links that people on my groups are used to.  Some simply vanished, even though I used the little trick to view them.  I can't view all my scheduled and recurring meetings in one place.  I can't turn off the confusing calendar add-in to the desktop app.  There is no mythical "meetings tab".   Ad infinitum.

clancyirish
Explorer
Explorer

I'm right there with you. apparently no way back.....boo hiss

NewOffice

I have a corporation and we pay $220.00 monthly for HIPAA compliant Zoom Workplace. I have the same issues as the rest of you. None of us use online calendars, our work is confidential, or MS 365. We used to see our scheduled recurring client appointments right on the meeting tab. Now there is a calendar link that tries to force us to use a service we not only don't want but are prohibited by law from using. Our clients are still there, but you have to search for them and go through extra steps to reach them and do anything.  I will start looking for an alternative to Zoom immediately if they do not find a way to disable these features.

Further, everyone here should save their comments in a Word document and post them to Google, Yelp, Trustpilot. Perhaps together they will get the message. They don't have to get rid of the features, but they must make a way to turn off tabs and features that customers don't like or want.

RA5594
Explorer
Explorer

Thank you for the information. Posting to Google, Yelp etc. is a great idea since they are not responding to our comments.

NewOffice

Hi Everyone;

I commented earlier today. Since I have a business account, my guess, I have phone support for free. I worked with a great tech support rep named Darvin. He helped me turn off the calendar and get my clients back under my meeting tab. For those of you who have this same issue I wanted to share the solution with a caveat: He stated that they "changed a setting on my account," so I don't know it this will work without the change but here goes.

"How to enable the merged Meetings and Calendar tabs

Account

To enable or disable Merge Meetings and Calendar tabs for all users in the account:

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin with the privilege to edit account settings.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Account Management then Account Settings.
  3. Click the Meeting tab.
  4. Under General, click the Merge Meetings and Calendar tabs toggle to enable or disable it.
  5. If a verification dialog displays, click Enable or Disable to verify the change.
  6. (Optional) To prevent all users in your account from changing this setting, click the lock icon , and then click Lock to confirm the setting."

Hope this helps at least helps some of you. It definitely worked for me.

Huh, for some reason mine does not have this option "Merge Meetings and Calendar tabs".

On the web interface I have a "Meetings" tab like I once had in the desktop version. But now I don't and can't get it back on desktop.

Hi

The fix i used was in the online Zoom account page. After signing in I go to Account Management on the left navigation bar. For me it is the next to last in the list on the left. I open that by clicking the down arrow and select Settings. On the settings page I select the tab at the top for Meetings. In my account it says "Merge Meetings and Calendar tabs: with a button on the right I can turn on or off. It was on and I turned it off, then I locked it by clicking the lock icon next to the button. This is from the website, not from the app. Hope this helps others.

hokiehawk
Explorer
Explorer

THANK YOU for taking the time to share this info. Unfortunately, that option doesn't even exist under General for me, and I am a paying client.

No worries, this was a headache for me too. Try calling them at: 1-888-799-0125.

Go through the prompts and get tech support. They asked for my email address, Personal Meeting ID, and Host key. If you have the host key it is in your online account portal under Profile> Meeting> Host Key. Click the eyelashes to see it. Good luck to everyone.

hokiehawk
Explorer
Explorer

I tried doing Chat Support, but it provides these same instructions (thanks again!), which would be great if that option actually existed on my account. Despite being a paying subscriber, I was told that my account isn't eligible for support.  Wonder if Zoom realizes there are other options to paying them!

NewOffice

For anyone interested in Support Information. I will try to describe it below. It appears that even if you pay for a Pro Plan you have to have enough accounts to equal $50.00 or more per month to even get chat support. https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/contact?id=contact_us . See the link  and be sure to click the tab that says "Owner/Admin." Interesting how they don't have this information on their "Plans & Pricing" page. Not a great practice. If you have an enterprise plan like I do that costs more than $200.00 per month then they give you phone support. Really sad business practice.